Status as of Sunday, October 2

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Sunday, October 2

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:58 am

Good morning! Another weekend has arrived, which means more improvements.
  • Thanks for your understanding during last night's database maintenance. The disks on the database server are approaching capacity. The reason isn't because we are actually using that much data, but because PostgreSQL doesn't free up disk space until a VACUUM FULL command is run. That command locks the database while it is cleaning up. Chris was able to free up a lot of space last night. Tonight, he'll be working on the block explorer tables, which won't affect mining but will take the block explorers offline for a few hours.
  • Last night, we released a new version of the mining server that improves performance even further, which will allow us to be even more confident about a possible significant increase in hashrate coming over the next two weeks. This new version also has enhanced safeguards against loss of database connectivity, so it can automatically recover from more error conditions than the previous version could.
  • We're back to working on multiple algorithms starting today.
  • There have been some points where the hashrate charts are inaccurate because of share discrepancies caused by maintenance over the past few days. Chris always credits miners for actual shares earned, even if hashrate charts show holes in them. Check the forums for information if you have questions about how much you earned.
  • Finally, the website has been updated with a few improvements to the payout proportions settings. The balances are displayed more clearly, and there is better display of error messages so that it's easier to understand what you might have done wrong if something isn't quite right when you save.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: Status as of Sunday, October 2

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:33 pm

I want to apologize again for the additional downtime today. The mining server release did not occur successfully and I had to revert. I will keep you posted on what I find.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: Status as of Sunday, October 2

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:15 am

All maintenance is complete for today. I released the newer mining server successfully. The error was caused by a misspelling of the path to the log directory. There will need to be some downtime of about two hours in the near future to upgrade the database to Postgresql 9.6. I will alert via tweet when we have this planned.