Farm to Cash First; After Threshold achieved, then farm to coins.

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
ToeKnee

Farm to Cash First; After Threshold achieved, then farm to coins.

Post by ToeKnee » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:44 am

Here's a little feedback for development of an option, hopefully.

Let's suppose that my DAILY bills to run everything in my farm is about $125. This includes electrical, internet, insurance, rent, etc.

As we all know, the price of a coin payout changes minute by minute, so a static threshold percentage value changes too. So if the prices of coins is such that $300 a day is produced, a static 70/30 payout percentage split between Coin %/USD payout would be about $210 worth of coins and $90 as bank transfer. But when crypto goes down, that $300 a day that USE TO BE made lowers and becomes $250 -- and a 70/30 split on the new low of $250 translates to $175 worth of coins and $75 USD bank transfer.

Now monthly debt obligations do not fluctuate in line with coin price. I wish they did!! :D

So, I was thinking something along the lines of logic that would be "Convert 100% of the hash power (at the start of each day) INTO USD until I reach my predefined daily debt obligation threshold of $125 ... AFTER the $125 threshold gets reached in USD, whenever that time is, dedicate the rest of the day sending 100% hash power to the coins listed in payouts."

See what I mean? In this manner, I can be sure that I make my daily requirement of USD that's more or less static month-to-month without having to touch coin percentage payout options in relation to the change of coin prices.
Kaffiend

Re: Farm to Cash First; After Threshold achieved, then farm to coins.

Post by Kaffiend » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:12 pm

I was going to contact the prohashing team in a ticket and suggest this same thing but I have not had the chance yet.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:07 am

ToeKnee wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:44 am Here's a little feedback for development of an option, hopefully.

Let's suppose that my DAILY bills to run everything in my farm is about $125. This includes electrical, internet, insurance, rent, etc.

As we all know, the price of a coin payout changes minute by minute, so a static threshold percentage value changes too. So if the prices of coins is such that $300 a day is produced, a static 70/30 payout percentage split between Coin %/USD payout would be about $210 worth of coins and $90 as bank transfer. But when crypto goes down, that $300 a day that USE TO BE made lowers and becomes $250 -- and a 70/30 split on the new low of $250 translates to $175 worth of coins and $75 USD bank transfer.

Now monthly debt obligations do not fluctuate in line with coin price. I wish they did!! :D

So, I was thinking something along the lines of logic that would be "Convert 100% of the hash power (at the start of each day) INTO USD until I reach my predefined daily debt obligation threshold of $125 ... AFTER the $125 threshold gets reached in USD, whenever that time is, dedicate the rest of the day sending 100% hash power to the coins listed in payouts."

See what I mean? In this manner, I can be sure that I make my daily requirement of USD that's more or less static month-to-month without having to touch coin percentage payout options in relation to the change of coin prices.
Passed this on to the team.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:46 am

Steve says this is a great idea, and I've created a ticket for this. We're in the process of redesigning the website, so I can't promise when it will happen, but it's on our to do list.