Pricing errors yesterday

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Pricing errors yesterday

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:34 am

Yesterday, we were finally able to complete the mining servers release, which was necessary to support Chia mining, stablecoin markets, Coinbase Pro trading, 7 new coins, and ACH payouts.

While the release was eventually verified later in the afernoon, for a period of five hours, invalid prices were occasionally published to the live data, potentially leading some customers to mine at Prohashing who otherwise would not have had the profitability been lower. The cause of the problem was that some price data was being reported as 1 / price, so ETH profitability ended up being 1/.06 times higher than average. After the five hours, we were able to determine the cause of the problem and resolve it.

Although our terms of service permit share corrections in this case, in fairness to these customers, we elected not to adjust balances yesterday. Chris delayed payouts to ensure that the amounts being paid reflected the erroneous live data but nothing more, and then issued them. We apologize for the inconvenience, and enjoy the bonus!
-MaVerick-

Re: Pricing errors yesterday

Post by -MaVerick- » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:17 am

Yay bonus! Thanks for the info.
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:48 am

My respect level has just gone up for Proshashing, which I did not think was possible seeing how I had a high level of respect for the company to begin with.
diginumis

Post by diginumis » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:40 pm

Mastermind007 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:48 am My respect level has just gone up for Proshashing, which I did not think was possible seeing how I had a high level of respect for the company to begin with.
I second this. Thank you!