Chia Network (Pool Protocol available in few days)

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
futurebit

Chia Network (Pool Protocol available in few days)

Post by futurebit » Wed May 26, 2021 5:22 am

Hello everyone.

Are there any efforts to include the Chia Network in the pool? The protocol for mining pools is supposed to be published in the next few days.
I would then have around 30 TB of plots. These also want to be mined. :lol: And i am really happy with Prohashing.

Cheers
Dominik
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Chia Network (Pool Protocol available in few days)

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed May 26, 2021 6:58 am

futurebit wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:22 am Hello everyone.

Are there any efforts to include the Chia Network in the pool? The protocol for mining pools is supposed to be published in the next few days.
I would then have around 30 TB of plots. These also want to be mined. :lol: And i am really happy with Prohashing.

Cheers
Dominik
We planned to implement Chia on May 17, but the "pool protocol" keeps being delayed.

The current pools require that customers provide private keys to wallets to the pool operator, which is unacceptable for us because it sticks us with way too much liability. Even Bram Cohen says not to use pooled mining with Chia right now. We'll be right on this as soon as the protocol is released, though, and I hope that you will tell me when the protocol is released if I miss it.
futurebit

Post by futurebit » Wed May 26, 2021 4:11 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:58 am
We planned to implement Chia on May 17, but the "pool protocol" keeps being delayed.

The current pools require that customers provide private keys to wallets to the pool operator, which is unacceptable for us because it sticks us with way too much liability. Even Bram Cohen says not to use pooled mining with Chia right now. We'll be right on this as soon as the protocol is released, though, and I hope that you will tell me when the protocol is released if I miss it.
Yes thats right... when i must send private Key i never do this... so i will wait...
Thank you very much
Murr808

Post by Murr808 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:00 pm

isn't the pool protocol out now? is this still happening?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:40 am

Murr808 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:00 pm isn't the pool protocol out now? is this still happening?
We were delayed on this issue. Originally, we thought we could get it done by August, but now we were hoping by October.

There are two reasons for the delay. First, there aren't any clients for Chia mining yet. Even if we implement the protocol, we don't have a way to test it unless we pay someone to write a client. The client that is written could end up being different than whatever client ends up becoming widely accepted.

Second, we are focusing all our efforts on stability and reliability right now, and are planning to continue to do so for another week, when the new mining servers arrive and we can finally put the memory issues behind us once and for all. Making sure your existing products are excellent is far more important than trying to expand.
Murr808

Post by Murr808 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:09 pm

Okay thanks for the update. According to the Chia Dev's the pool compatible plots will be portable so that user can switch between different pools and they supposedly will also support other coins. Should be interesting when the official pools do launch.
Steve Sokolowski wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:40 am
Murr808 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:00 pm isn't the pool protocol out now? is this still happening?
We were delayed on this issue. Originally, we thought we could get it done by August, but now we were hoping by October.

There are two reasons for the delay. First, there aren't any clients for Chia mining yet. Even if we implement the protocol, we don't have a way to test it unless we pay someone to write a client. The client that is written could end up being different than whatever client ends up becoming widely accepted.

Second, we are focusing all our efforts on stability and reliability right now, and are planning to continue to do so for another week, when the new mining servers arrive and we can finally put the memory issues behind us once and for all. Making sure your existing products are excellent is far more important than trying to expand.
futurebit

Post by futurebit » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:26 pm

Chia pooling is no on mainnet. finally nft is possible
jonathankraemer

Post by jonathankraemer » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:18 pm

So Chia pool protocol has been officially released yesterday. The question is inevitable: Wen Chia in ProHashing? Any plans and ETD at all?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:24 am

jonathankraemer wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:18 pm So Chia pool protocol has been officially released yesterday. The question is inevitable: Wen Chia in ProHashing? Any plans and ETD at all?
Unfortunately, we don't have enough manpower to implement Chia right now, but we want to add it. We are hoping the new developer starts before September and therefore we could get Chia done by October.
jkndt

Post by jkndt » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:06 pm

Thanks for the update Steve.
I've already started making pool plots, so should have several hundred TB done by the time you are ready to go live with Chia.