Congrats

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Some1notu

Congrats

Post by Some1notu » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:02 pm

Just wanted to give proper congrats for all your efforts. You have worked hard and finally managed to lock down last place in profitability. It is amazing that you have come up with a super high tech system that makes less than mining LTC.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Congrats

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:26 pm

We posted about this in the "development" forum - the earnings are being underreported due to a bug that has been present for a long time.

There may be another issue that is causing lost money in addition to the underreporting. We're working on trying to figure that out now, but our development server is down again. Once we can get it back online and figure out what's wrong with it, we will be able to complete a full investigation over the weekend.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:28 am

We made a change last night that we think will correct the imbalance somewhat. We will also be making an additional change tonight to correct the underreporting issue.

You should see an increase in actual earnings today, but they will still be underreported. The change was made at 6:00 yesterday, so the reported earnings yesterday increased by about 25% of what they will in today's average. On Saturday, you should see an increase in both actual and reported earnings.
Minerman

Post by Minerman » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:46 am

How come the profits is still so low?

Mars 13: Nicehash=0.0001280 and Prohash=0.000089

What is going on?
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:17 pm

Minerman wrote:How come the profits is still so low?

Mars 13: Nicehash=0.0001280 and Prohash=0.000089

What is going on?

Um.... nicehash functions purely by direct supply & demand.
prohashing functions by playing the markets and coin hopping.

2 different things.

You should compare prohashing to another multipool.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:56 am

We've been fine-tuning the new system and we have profitability up to 4.5 cents today. Chris needs to add new coins and delete coins that went to 100% POS. He thinks he can get it up further.

That's still below what Nicehash reports, but you need to be careful about what numbers you look at. For example, if you want to rent mining equipment, you can get it immediately, or get part of your order depending on what you pay.

I also think that those number are off by one day. I need to ask Chris to look into that.
Some1notu

Post by Some1notu » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:19 pm

Comparing any multipool to nicehash isn't going to tell you much, but comparing multipool performances against each other does. http://poolpicker.eu/table clearly shows Prohashing is middle of the pack or worse, while still commanding a much higher fee. If you are consistently the best then you can justify higher fees, as long as they don't lower overall profitability in the end. Right now it is dam hard for me to justify paying a high fee for middle of the pack performance.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:05 pm

The amount reported is the amount people actually earn for the day, after the fee is taken out. You bring up an interesting idea that some of the other pools may be reporting what people would have earned before fees. I will ask Chris to have the Poolpicker operator clarify which number should be reported to everyone.

I'm pretty certain that the reporting is off by one day, even though Chris may not have determined that yet. Yesterday, earnings were much higher than the reported value; use the chart on the charts page, which is definitely accurate.
Minerman

Post by Minerman » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:26 pm

Some1notu wrote:Comparing any multipool to nicehash isn't going to tell you much, but comparing multipool performances against each other does. http://poolpicker.eu/table clearly shows Prohashing is middle of the pack or worse, while still commanding a much higher fee. If you are consistently the best then you can justify higher fees, as long as they don't lower overall profitability in the end. Right now it is dam hard for me to justify paying a high fee for middle of the pack performance.

OMG... Toaday Prohash is on the Jumboplace... last place of all the pools. and now Prohash is asking to be removed from the list.
Well... so sad... If Pro could lower the fees....
gaanthony

Post by gaanthony » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:34 pm

I periodically try other pools based on a couple of the pool picker sites but I keep coming back to Prohash as I get the best long term performance here. It's not worth my time to exchange coins myself unless I could truly make 25% more than I make mining at a pool that pays out in a coin of choice. It costs time, sanity and money to run a pool as there's hardware, hosting, and maintenance overhead involved. I also donate a small percentage as the operators here work to improve the overall proficiency of the system as the proof is in the mining results for me.