Status as of Friday, December 11, 2020

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Friday, December 11, 2020

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:51 am

Good morning!

Over the past few months, our main focus was to make significant improvements to the website. With my having completed the performance optimizations, and Vance finishing up some of the last known bugs before Christmas, our focus is going to shift to other areas.
  • Chris's primary goal is going to be identifying why the pool is not pulling in traffic for search terms like "scrypt mining pool," and figuring out ways to draw in more customers through other means. Our previous poll of customers stated that the #1 deficiency of the system was the website, so now that we've resolved most website issues, we need to figure out why this resolution has not yielded the expected increase.
  • I will be starting an investigation into why some customers report low profitability for some algorithms periodically. To do that, I'm going to spend two weeks creating a new timeline tool that Chris and others can use to determine exactly what the state of mining is at any given millisecond. He'll be able to turn on the recording for a few minutes to collect data, and then look through it to see whether the system's components react to events as we designed them to do. Once we have the data, we'll be able to fix any identified issues.
  • Vance is going to continue to work on new features for customers, such as providing more PPLNS data, while Steven continues to optimize our exchanges and payouts code.
Feel free to offer your comments about what we should do next!