Status as of Thursday, October 15, 2020

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Thursday, October 15, 2020

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:14 am

Good morning! Here's a few things we're working on this weekend:
  • Chris is creating a new mining server in Romania for our Russian customers. He will need to reallocate memory to a new virtual machine, which will take about half of miners offline for ten minutes. Once we finish with the reconfiguration, we should be able to announce this new server during the weekend.
  • We plan to switch to actual, computed rewards for the Trusted Mining Program beginning on Saturday. Chris will be making some changes to how orphan rates are calculated at the same time. We expect the benefit to be larger than it currently is, and for the payouts from the program to significantly exceed those of Antpool and similar pools.
  • We are pretty confident that what we had spent months investigating as a bug was actually simply low luck miners for Ethereum, and therefore we plan to re-enable ETH mining for trusted miners. Non-members are welcome to continue mining Ethereum Classic and the other ethash coins we have available.
Dr Greg

Re: Status as of Thursday, October 15, 2020

Post by Dr Greg » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:42 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:14 am Good morning! Here's a few things we're working on this weekend:
  • Chris is creating a new mining server in Romania for our Russian customers. He will need to reallocate memory to a new virtual machine, which will take about half of miners offline for ten minutes. Once we finish with the reconfiguration, we should be able to announce this new server during the weekend.
  • We plan to switch to actual, computed rewards for the Trusted Mining Program beginning on Saturday. Chris will be making some changes to how orphan rates are calculated at the same time. We expect the benefit to be larger than it currently is, and for the payouts from the program to significantly exceed those of Antpool and similar pools.
  • We are pretty confident that what we had spent months investigating as a bug was actually simply low luck miners for Ethereum, and therefore we plan to re-enable ETH mining for trusted miners. Non-members are welcome to continue mining Ethereum Classic and the other ethash coins we have available.
As I was making up close to 35% of your ether pool before you closed it down, I greatly look forward to it coming back, and when etc went off as well , I just pointed all my miners elsewhere till this was sorted.

etc is currently not worth mining for me, but as Ive finally got the trusted miner business sorted the second ETH mining comes back , I will be throwing all my ETH power back to prohashing