Question with ProHash and password arguments?

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
stevejock1

Question with ProHash and password arguments?

Post by stevejock1 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:29 am

I have a dedicated LTC miner and from reading on the website, you have to use a password arguments. I'm not exactly sure which to use as I really want to mine LTC mainly.

Whatever argument I picked has my miner WAY more hashing than advertised, and am NOT complaining about.

Curious as to what others used for their arguments!usps trackingshowbox[/url]speed test
Last edited by stevejock1 on Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Question with ProHash and password arguments?

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:35 am

stevejock1 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:29 am I have a dedicated LTC miner and from reading on the website, you have to use a password arguments. I'm not exactly sure which to use as I really want to mine LTC mainly.

Whatever argument I picked has my miner WAY more hashing than advertised, and am NOT complaining about.

Curious as to what others used for their arguments!
In almost all cases, you'll make the most money if you don't use any password arguments. The arguments you'll want to use are "n=" (for worker name), "o=" (for group name), and "p=" and "w=" for electricity calculations.

The other arguments are for very specific circumstances. Those would include if you want to support a specific coin network, if you want to play the lottery and do something like try to earn $130,000 with a 1 in a million chance of getting a bitcoin block, or if you know that your miner has specific characteristics like slow work restarts. All of the arguments except those listed four will reduce profitability unless you are absolutely sure that you know why you are using them.

The reason your miners are earning more money than they would by mining litecoins is because, if you don't use any arguments, they will often be assigned to a more profitable coin than litecoins, and you pocket the difference.