Status as of Sunday, January 3

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Sunday, January 3

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:37 am

With the end of the holidays having arrived, here's a final report of what was accomplished, with a focus on what will be in the next release.
  • We significantly improved stability in a release that was already made yesterday. Large miners were being assigned to coins suboptimally, leaving the most profitable coins empty in some cases. We modified the algorithm so that large miners are given preference to the more profitable coins, where possible, because small miners have more flexibility to be able to mine easy networks. The change should result in increased profitability for everyone and lower work restart penalties.
  • We discovered a bug that would cause miners to disconnect occasionally when a litecoin block was found. The issue was resolved, eliminating the disconnections. There was also another issue that could have caused other miners to time out when one miner happened to disconnect during a very specific time; that issue was also fixed.
  • We're proud to announce that our profit reports will be made public in the next release. This is one improvement we've been wanting to make but always had higher priorities. In the interest of transparency, everyone will be able to see the amount earned, our luck, slippage, fees, and so on.
  • We completed a new API and have several initial calls that provide balance and worker information. These will be available in the next release. A request for 15-minute profitability will be addressed next Saturday.
  • I spent a significant amount of time reviewing our trader code to eliminate all floating-point arithmetic. With floating-point numbers, (a + b - b) != a. This issue was causing the audit tables to become slightly out of sync with exchange balances. When they became too far out of sync, check constraints prevented operations, or payouts failed because we tried to withdrawal too much money. Chris is testing these fixes to the trading server now. When released, he expects that he will see a huge savings of at least 20 minutes per day in customer service requests for payout and balance issues.
  • We recently noticed that a "new" coin, Fatcom, is taking up 70% of Poloniex's trading volume. We don't know much about this coin, but it apparently has a distinct API that would require at least a weekend to add. Is this a coin in which anyone would request payouts?
Enjoy the return to everyday life tomorrow! Feel free to comment on your experiences with the pool and how we can improve.
Falcon27

Re: Status as of Sunday, January 3

Post by Falcon27 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:26 pm

The coin you are referring to on Poloiniex is Factom not Fatcom, i was trying to look it up...lol. Anyways it looks like it is doing well, but is Poloiniex the only exchange that it is being traded on? Not a big fan of Poloiniex.
Here is the Bitcointalk Ann on the coin, if anyone is interested: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=850070.0
I can't say i understand a lot about all the tech stuff like most of you guys, I'm just mine, so if anyone here wants to give their thoughts on the subject, I would love to hear some other opinions on the coin. Thanks.
claydigger

Post by claydigger » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:18 am

I have been asking for Factom for a while now. Microsoft has added Factom to its Azure Cloud Computing platform which has brought added legitimacy to the Factom blockchain platform. Microsoft already support Ethereum and continues to screen high quality candidates for it's cloud computing platform for use by developers and consumers.https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/factom- ... lockchain/
Falcon27

Post by Falcon27 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:58 am

From what i have read, Factom sounds like a win win, I'd like to accumulate some of that currency before it gets out of my reach. I only have small miners and this site really helps me with the high difficulty coins, but if i can get them while they are easy to get, it really helps me a lot. So, yeah, I'd love to see us get Factom. :!: