Looking for Awesome Miner users

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Looking for Awesome Miner users

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:38 am

I'm looking for someone who uses the Awesome Miner program, which allows GPUs to switch between pools based on what the pools' APIs show is most profitable. Our new REST API is designed to be compatible with Awesome Miner and similar software, and we want a serious miner to point out any bugs or issues that might annoy them with our implementation.

We'll compensate anyone who is willing to perform this testing. Please submit a support ticket if you're interested!
x24646h3

Re: Looking for Awesome Miner users

Post by x24646h3 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:12 pm

I use Awesome Miner to point and monitor all of my miners at Prohashing.com. For my GPU rig, I currently point it to NiceHash...only because there is the application that Nicehash provides...and it's just simple. I would be more than willing to point my GPU rig to Prohashing...if I only knew how.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:21 am

x24646h3 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:12 pm I use Awesome Miner to point and monitor all of my miners at Prohashing.com. For my GPU rig, I currently point it to NiceHash...only because there is the application that Nicehash provides...and it's just simple. I would be more than willing to point my GPU rig to Prohashing...if I only knew how.
That's what we want to figure out - how to configure Awesome Miner. We implemented the REST API for it, and they say they're going to add our name to their list, but until they do, there is a manual way to configure it.

When you said that you use the Nicehash application, is the only reason that you use that app because you don't know how to mine here? If the exact same app were available here, which pool would you use?
cc4506

Post by cc4506 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:50 am

My rigs are already at NH Steve and to be honest I am happy with the service they have provided so while I probably wouldn't change now, in the beginning when I was setting up I would have pointed them here. But like x24 I have no clue how to point a GPU rig to PH.

Chris
citronick

Post by citronick » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:24 am

I am also using AM to manage my GPUs and ASICs - pointed primarily to Zergpool (Equihash, Lyra2v2 and GRS) and Mining-Dutch (for Cryptonight algo pool). My GPU farm are pointed to ethermine for ETC mining (around 4.4GHs), backup pools for the GPUs are Prohashing and NH.

AM can switch pools based on profitability so I guess that probably will be the first step for Prohashing to "play" with AM. Maybe a dialogue between you and AM's developer Patrike can explore how PH profitability data can be accessed via AM..... hmmm does this makes sense?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:01 pm

citronick wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:24 am I am also using AM to manage my GPUs and ASICs - pointed primarily to Zergpool (Equihash, Lyra2v2 and GRS) and Mining-Dutch (for Cryptonight algo pool). My GPU farm are pointed to ethermine for ETC mining (around 4.4GHs), backup pools for the GPUs are Prohashing and NH.

AM can switch pools based on profitability so I guess that probably will be the first step for Prohashing to "play" with AM. Maybe a dialogue between you and AM's developer Patrike can explore how PH profitability data can be accessed via AM..... hmmm does this makes sense?
It turns out that Awesome Miner needs to add the pool to its list of pools. There was a bug in the REST API that Awesome Miner's developers reported and we fixed. They're working on adding support now, and I'll make a post when they have official support.