Status as of Monday, August 26, 2019

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Status as of Monday, August 26, 2019

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:14 am

cc4506 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:59 am Also this is where a lot of us go for a quick check of what an ASIC miner is bringing in, and what it cost to run it.

https://www.asicminervalue.com/miners/b ... r-s17-53th

Note that mining pools are listed on here for each miner and PH is never on this list. If I were you I would want to be here.
Thanks! I sent them a request to add the pool in their feedback form.
cc4506

Post by cc4506 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:34 am

Excellent, good luck!
djsnova

Post by djsnova » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:55 am

oh..... how do you delete a post
Last edited by djsnova on Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:18 am

djsnova wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:55 am When you have time, could you focus a little time on DAI. Would love to mine and exchange what I mine for DAI the erc20 stable coin. Also, could we get a new pool called miningpool.gravio.net:3333 or a direct gravio mining pool on prohashing? :D :mrgreen: :ugeek: ... would much appreciate it! Thank you! Hope this comes to fruition.
You can already mine Graviocoin by using "c=graviocoin." No other setup is necessary!
ryguy

Post by ryguy » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:14 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:59 am
We didn't report them to FinCEN yet because we hadn't looked deeply into the exchange issue, so we probably would have discovered they don't offer exchange services to US customers when we did. Thanks for pointing that out - it's one less thing for us to do.

I'm not sure that your assertion about the way their marketplace works is completely accurate because the homepage is presenting as if they are a pool to the sellers. The sellers are just directed to enter a payout address in their usernames and connect, and some people could conceivably use their system without ever knowing it wasn't a pool. But even if you're right, they still aren't sending any forms.

The issue with Nicehash is that they do all sorts of shady stuff and aren't on a level playing field with everyone else. As another example, when a company is insolvent in the US, it is illegal to give preferential treatment to any creditor without a court ordering it. They are blatantly violating the law because, presumably, they're continuing to pay bills like bandwidth costs for their servers while delaying payouts to their customers. Their only option at the time of the hack was probably to liquidate, or maybe there was some way they could have stopped serving US customers and continued operations elsewhere. I'd also wager that the way they are paying back their debts in less valuable bitcoins, as opposed to how much value was actually stolen, would be contested if someone who had standing had bothered to take the issue to trial.

Like you, I hate these forms and these regulations. It would be better if none of it were required. But if the law is going to add on all this paperwork, then they should have to comply with it just as everyone else does.

I'm not sure where you're getting this information as how they present themselves to sellers, nor would it matter from a tax perspective. Directly from their website when you look to start selling hashrate:

"How does NiceHash work for you?
NiceHash is an open marketplace that connects sellers or miners of hashing power with buyers of hashing power. Buyers select the crypto-currency that they want to mine, a pool on which they want to mine, set the price that they are willing to pay for it, and place the order. This order is then forwarded to everyone who is connected to NiceHash with NiceHash Miner or other mining hardware (like ASICs). Your provided computing power will fulfil the buyers order and you get paid for this service."

So it's pretty clear how they operate. As for them sending forms, I said I couldn't be certain, but it seems that you must have direct evidence of this being the case. Is that accurate?

Returning of property is not "shady" if everyone involved agrees to the terms, which was required to obtain the bitcoins back. One could potentially sue for the value as opposed to the specific property, but again it doesn't appear that anyone bothered to do so. That's a shrewd business maneuver as it means the cost to the company was less, however, that also was a function of the market, as had it gone up the cost would be higher than the property at the time of the loss. So they're not treating any creditor with preference. They're returning property under the agreed upon terms. Or at least that's my interpretation of it.

I would prefer if you didn't assume my position on laws. A lot of these forms exist precisely because people would not comply with reporting their income. 1099-K is one of the most recent. But yes I will agree that the laws apply to everyone and need to be applied evenly.
djsnova

Post by djsnova » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:45 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:18 am
djsnova wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:55 am When you have time, could you focus a little time on DAI. Would love to mine and exchange what I mine for DAI the erc20 stable coin. Also, could we get a new pool called miningpool.gravio.net:3333 or a direct gravio mining pool on prohashing? :D :mrgreen: :ugeek: ... would much appreciate it! Thank you! Hope this comes to fruition.
You can already mine Graviocoin by using "c=graviocoin." No other setup is necessary!
Oh. Thanks, but where do I input that at?
djsnova

Post by djsnova » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:57 am

so instead of, stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333 I would enter stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333 and in the password field enter [c]=[Graviocoin] or just c=graviocoin ? .... Or would it be stratum+tcp://prohashing.com[c=graviocoin]:3333 ? Sorry, I've never done password arguments or wahtever before. I'm reading the part about arguments so I can understand, but I'm just asking to make sure I'm doing the right thing. thanks for your help and understanding steve. Appreciate you!
djsnova

Post by djsnova » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:00 am

I think it worked, the way I did it. So that focuses the mined coin to graviocoins? and when I put no password arguments it mines ALL scrypt coins? or whichever ones it gets?
djsnova

Post by djsnova » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:05 am

Also, how can I get it to maximum efficientcy. For example, when it cannot find graviocoin blocks will it mine other scrypt coins as well? If not, how can I get it to mine other scrypt coins when it can't find a graviocoin block?
djsnova

Post by djsnova » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:11 am

Sorry, one more question. Am i able to put in c=graviocoin, c=dogecoin and it'll switch between mining both of those coins? Or can I just only have one static coin? I read the help section, but either I'm tired or I just couldn't understand what all I could do with password arguments. learning curve is occurring right now. lol