Status as of Monday, March 11, 2019

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Monday, March 11, 2019

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:24 pm

Good morning!
  • Monero had a hard fork yesterday to a new proof of work algorithm. We had to disable CryptonightV8 as a result. Vance is working on support for the new CryptonightV4 algorithm, and he hopes to have Monero back available within a few days.
  • After some thought, I decided to focus my time on adding new coins rather than adding new algorithms. There are so many algorithms available that it would take two or three people full time just to maintain them all and to keep up with coins as they change. The Monero hard fork will cost hundreds of dollars just to restore the same functionality as before, and many of the smaller algorithms might earn $100 in revenue (not profit) per day. Plus, there are tons of "zero fee" pools out there that somehow offer 50+ algorithms on the same site. I'm not sure how such a pool can maintain all of them and remain operational, and there's no way that we can compete with those pools.
  • For public relations, a customer suggested that we contact whattomine.com to get the site listed, as well as contacting some other sites. Unfortunately, whattomine declined the listing opportunity and the other sites have yet to reply.
  • We're going to make a change to the share inserters this evening to automatically deal with negative balances. Before, miners had to explicitly mine the coins that had overpayments in order to eliminate the debt. Now, those coins will be automatically mined until they reach a zero balance, and then the system will resume as before.
  • Vance next expects to have NEM available for payouts.
  • I'm going to be focusing on adding the Graviex exchange. This is another maintenance task that will allow us to continue offering coins that TradeSatoshi is planning to discontinue at the end of the month.
tucsondirect

Re: Status as of Monday, March 11, 2019

Post by tucsondirect » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:07 am

Been AFK for a few years, why do we have Negative balances on many coins?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:53 am

If you have a negative balance, that means one of two possibilities.

The first is that you were overpaid because of a system error. This scenario is unlikely, given that you weren't mining when the errors occurred.

The second possibility is that your account was inactive for 90 days, and you received an automatic full payout of all balances in the account. When payouts below the payout threshold are issued, customers are charged the transaction fees. It's difficult to estimate the exact fees until the transaction is actually published to the network, so sometimes the amount paid is too high and you'll end up with a small negative balance.
tucsondirect

Post by tucsondirect » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:31 am

Seems the Second option is likely, Have mined 3 days and am still showing the same negative balance despite showing individual coin earnings are above what the negative balance was, daily $ charts are showing $0.00 and $0.01, are account balances in BTC taking several days to confirm and settle to the account?
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:25 pm

I'd just make a new account for mining, re-do the W2 form for the new account, copy the wallet addresses from 1 to the other and just use the new one so its making payouts.

Or put in a ticket with the current account and have them take a look at it.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:47 pm

tucsondirect wrote:Seems the Second option is likely, Have mined 3 days and am still showing the same negative balance despite showing individual coin earnings are above what the negative balance was, daily $ charts are showing $0.00 and $0.01, are account balances in BTC taking several days to confirm and settle to the account?
Why not submit a support ticket about this? That way, we can look at the account itself instead of trying to guess based upon what's said here.
tucsondirect

Post by tucsondirect » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:14 pm

Primarily because i'm not largely concerned, And if bitcoin balances take a few days to confirm and post to the account then it will self resolve preventing unnecessary research into something that might not be broken... also wasnt aware there was now a ticketing system :)
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:08 am

tucsondirect wrote:Primarily because i'm not largely concerned, And if bitcoin balances take a few days to confirm and post to the account then it will self resolve preventing unnecessary research into something that might not be broken... also wasnt aware there was now a ticketing system :)
You must not have been here for a while! We've been using tickets ever since November 2017, when Chris started to get so many E-Mails that he wasn't able to keep up with all of the support requests.