Status as of Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:21 pm

Good afternoon! A release is coming up, and we have a lot of great fixes and features in it.
  • The newest version of the geth Ethereum client has support for submitting stale blocks, which will allow us to earn credit for uncled blocks that the previous client would reject. This new feature is likely to increase profitability by a few percent in ethash.
  • I added a new "Nicehash-specific ports" feature. Like algorithm-specific ports, Nicehash-specific ports set an initial difficulty to work around the limitations in the stratum protocol that cause a delay in processing the "d=" password argument. Nicehash-specific ports set initial difficulties to the values defined in the Nicehash API, which tricks Nicehash's system into believing the pool is compatible. The "d=" password argument is then processed and Nicehash will submit shares at that difficulty. You'll still need to provide a "d=" password argument above the minimum difficulty that Nicehash requires.
  • We discovered that some coins, like Verge, require that the last X of Y blocks not be of the same algorithm, rather than just the last X blocks not be of the same algorithm. This fix will increase profitability in a few algorithms once released.
  • Please test out the grouping site at https://test.prohashing.com/. Some issues were identified in the site that have delayed its release to the main site, but they are being resolved now. We need customers to use the site and offer feedback about its design.
For now, we expect to hold this release to add more features to it. We want to restart the system as infrequently as possible and will be making larger, less frequent, releases in the future.
Simon_says

Re: Status as of Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Post by Simon_says » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:35 am

In my opinion, test site looks and works good. The only thing I suggest to do is placing the Average Mining Efficiency graphic along with the Rejected Share Reasons next to the Live Worker Status, that by the way looks pretty slick and elegant with its new size on the screen, and perhaps keep the Hashrate graphic also underneath the Live Worker Status.
I'm saying this because those graphics contain the most important and direct information related with the miners so is good to have it all in one place. The rest of the graphics are good in the area where they are which is some kind of "administrative payments" area.
Those are my suggestions.
Congratulations guys and keep up the good work, you are doing it great.