Status as of Saturday, September 29, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Saturday, September 29, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:34 am

Good morning! Today is the biggest football game of the year, which means I'm not leaving the house. Yesterday, I went for a ride at 9:00pm and didn't get back for almost two hours - because I got stuck in traffic - on a bicycle. There were so many cars that crossing the street near the College Gameday set took six minutes.
  • More changes were made to the backend as a result of our monthlong focus on stability and reliability. As you may recall, the results of a poll last month prompted us to delay some new features in favor of further investigation into bugs and issues.
  • The monitoring system is now fully operational and continually monitors about 270 parameters. Chris bought a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and connected it to an always-on monitor in his house, so that he now sees the status of the system every time he walks past. It shows issues like services that aren't running, computers that need to run aptitude updates, and so on. Already, the system has identified several issues, like failed backups and a time when one run of the W8-BEN encryption algorithm failed to encrypt a few customer documents.
  • Vance yesterday resolved an ethash issue with duplicate shares. The duplicate shares were caused by the case where miners would be assigned to a coin, then switch to a more profitable coin, and then switch back to the previous coin that is still mining the same block. Before the fix was released last night, those miners would be reassigned the same work, causing duplicate shares.
  • We also released another change to improve support for E3 miners, based upon the feedback that we've been receiving from customers. Try your E3 miners today and see whether you have success now.
  • The low luck miners identification algorithm is causing many Quark miners to be incorrectly identified, suggesting there may be a bug in Quark mining causing lost money for us or for customers. We'll be investigating that today to try to figure out more about it.
keksik

Re: Status as of Saturday, September 29, 2018

Post by keksik » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:36 pm

hello, i am glad issue for ETHASH has been found, because i lost more than 20% every day here due to having only 78-80% efficiecny... today i can see improvement with approx 2-3% efficiency less.
keksik

Post by keksik » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:14 pm

also maybe is also good idea to rename the webpage..it says

Professional X11, Equihash, SHA-256, and Scrypt mining pool
Prohashing is a profitable x11, equihash, sha-256, and scrypt multipool that pays miners in any coin.

i think we already have 4 more algo above mentioned ones. lyra2rev2, ethash, quark and neoscrypt.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:35 pm

keksik wrote:also maybe is also good idea to rename the webpage..it says

Professional X11, Equihash, SHA-256, and Scrypt mining pool
Prohashing is a profitable x11, equihash, sha-256, and scrypt multipool that pays miners in any coin.

i think we already have 4 more algo above mentioned ones. lyra2rev2, ethash, quark and neoscrypt.
We're already one step ahead of you with this. This change has already been made, but just hasn't been released yet.