Status as of Tuesday, September 22

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Tuesday, September 22

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:13 am

Here's today's status:
  • The big issue, again, seems to be that the database gets behind periodically. I'm not sure why this has been a problem all of a sudden. Over the weekend, we were able to reduce the insert time from 2.00 to 1.81 to eventually 1.59 ms per share, a 20% improvement.
  • In addition to performance improvements last weekend, we also added additional error checks to prevent losses due to Cryptsy's locked wallets and forks, and added error checks for when coins cannot send transactions due to the number of block inputs we are consolidating being greater than 1MB. In that case, we split the consolidation transactions into multiple 1MB transactions.
  • There is an additional improvement possible which uses materialized views. We tried to release that improvement last night, but it actually increased share insert times to 4.01ms, so we reverted. I think that we discovered the problem and Chris will try again this afternoon.
  • Mondays are the days that we perform maintenance like backups and deletion of old shares, so those are the days that the system is most likely to get behind.
  • Chris has begun a campaign to expose Allcoin as the thieves they are and either get our money back or get them shut down. There are some coins which we simply cannot pay out to customers because Allcoin stole them all and there are no other exchanges offering them. We will continue to apply increasing pressure on them through additional forum posts. If they do not reply, we will escalate the matter to the police next week.
  • I will have four days this weekend for project work. What I do will depend on how much improvement we can get today in performance. If it is significant, then I'll work on some of the "mobile interface" issues that keep appearing on the suggestion list. If not, then I'll have to continue to examine other ways to improve performance of the database server.