Status as of Sunday, August 19, 2018
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:23 am
- Today, we'll be publicizing the release of charity mining. Constance made some final improvements over the past few days, such as removing underscores from the charity names, and moving the charities above the coins, so that customers are aware of the option to make donations. One of the remaining improvements that is a lower priority is a donors' list on the homepage, to recognize contributors. I also want a chart that details how much money has been paid to charities in the past day.
- At the same time, Constance made an improvement that some customers have requested: the ability to be more precise with payout proportions. It is now possible to set payout proportions down 1/10 of a percent, compared to whole percentage points previously. There is still a limit of 100 coins per customer, to reduce system load. Not only will the greater precision allow customers to better choose coins, but we also hope that they will be encouraged to make more donations. For big miners, donating 1% might be a lot of money, but 0.5% isn't much for most people to contribute.
- We're pleased to announce the addition of Lyra2REv2 mining to the pool! It will be enabled today. There may be some initial issues, as always occurs with new features.
- Lyra2REv2 is the first of many algorithms that I discovered can be added very quickly to the pool. These algorithms have open-source libraries that can be used without modification to check work, and they use the same block template format and stratum protocol commands as scrypt does. By contrast, Ethereum mining, which is expected to be released in two or three weeks, requires significant changes to support its unique way of hashing and determining its profitability due to uncle blocks.
- The scrypt 4% profitability increase will continue for at least the next few days, while we continue to gather data. You can see the improvement in the "1MH/s expected payouts" chart on the front page. Enjoy the extra money!