Status as of Sunday, August 19, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
djliss

Re: Status as of Sunday, August 19, 2018

Post by djliss » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:01 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
djliss wrote:talking about algos that are easy to implement is zhash one of them as it looks quite profitable at the moment (BTG is using this algo now by the looks of things)
I'm working on neoscrypt right now. There doesn't appear to be an open-source implementation of the zhash algorithm that I can find, and equihash mining in general is more complex to implement. It might be next after ETH mining, though.
cool, the more GPU only algos the better, i can see equihash and ethash falling off the cliff pretty soon for GPU's with all the asic's out there and more coming, i'm not against asic's as i have some myself, i also have a fair few GPU's that are earning less and less daily.
dnprod

Post by dnprod » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:12 pm

CSZiggy wrote:Swapped to 3337 with no password, got all rejected.

Lyra2REv2 might be based on scrypt algo, but my asic scrypt miner cannot do it.
pretty much the point of new algorithms. saying 'scrypt based' is NOT saying 'scrypt compatible'
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:25 pm

dnprod wrote:pretty much the point of new algorithms. saying 'scrypt based' is NOT saying 'scrypt compatible'
Yep, saw that and swapped to the video card, thought I had the correct version of the software but still got all rejected.
Tried it again 4-6 hours later, same version of the program and drivers and everything, but that time it connected, worked and hashed.

Just took me a while to get some data to determine if I wanted to hash on the video card, decided wasn't worth it in the long run.
dnprod

Post by dnprod » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:33 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Good morning!
  • Today, we'll be publicizing the release of charity mining. Constance made some final improvements over the past few days, such as removing underscores from the charity names, and moving the charities above the coins, so that customers are aware of the option to make donations. One of the remaining improvements that is a lower priority is a donors' list on the homepage, to recognize contributors. I also want a chart that details how much money has been paid to charities in the past day.
be nice if there were some obvious link to a brief description of what the supported charities are/stand-for.
but please not a direct link to the charity's homepages, those things are usually dreadful experiences :)
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:20 pm

dnprod wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:Good morning!
  • Today, we'll be publicizing the release of charity mining. Constance made some final improvements over the past few days, such as removing underscores from the charity names, and moving the charities above the coins, so that customers are aware of the option to make donations. One of the remaining improvements that is a lower priority is a donors' list on the homepage, to recognize contributors. I also want a chart that details how much money has been paid to charities in the past day.
be nice if there were some obvious link to a brief description of what the supported charities are/stand-for.
but please not a direct link to the charity's homepages, those things are usually dreadful experiences :)
I know. Constance is working on that and hopes to have it finished shortly!
aaroncross

Post by aaroncross » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:18 pm

All my payout address are gone.. my balances on settings page say zero... whats going on?
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:18 pm

aaroncross wrote:All my payout address are gone.. my balances on settings page say zero... whats going on?
Try another browser? clear out your cache on the old one? Reboot the PC and logoff the prohashing.com page then log back in?

Other thing is you need to have each and every one of your wallet addresses filled in. If you have 30 coins on file, and only put in 29 wallet addresses, the save FAILS and you have to re-enter all 30 of them again, so make sure all the coins you have in your earnings page, have addresses on the settings page.