Status as of Thursday, July 19, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
grinbuck

Re: Status as of Thursday, July 19, 2018

Post by grinbuck » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:59 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
grinbuck wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
This feature isn't implemented yet, so it isn't actually doing anything, as far as I know. Has your hashrate increased?
EDIT 2: Sorry for the misinformation Steve. I just ssh'ed into my miner and it seems that my previous changes to bmminer.conf were either not saved or were overwritten because of which multi-version was set back to 1. Setting it to 16 again results in the same behavior as slushpool. Very low hashrate and rejected shares, causing the miner to reboot over and over. Sincere apologies.

EDIT: Poolside it's showing an average hash of 15.377 Th/s - still 13.75 in my miner console. Don't know if that means my hash has increased or whether it's just a momentary thing. Been consistent for the last 10 mins though.

No my hashrate is exactly the same. 13.75 Th/s. Shares are being accepted though. It doesn't work on slushpool - just reboots over and over and shows rejected shares for the little time that it does run. There's something here that's making it work that's for sure. Excited at the possibility of you successfully implementing asicboost. Been waiting a long long time in the hope that the S9 would eventually be able to make use of it.

P.S. Sorry for the late responses. The forum only lets me post once in 30 minutes or something.
At the time you made that post, you were a new user, so the post frequency was limited for you. After 3 posts, there is no limit.

I thought that is probably the case. If you'd like to assist me in getting this implemented on Sunday, we'll give you $20 if you provide us with a Remote Desktop connection to the miner for the day.
Sure.... I could forward a port on my router so you can access the Antminer. Let me know by when you need the credentials to get in and I'll PM them to you. I'd be glad if I can be of help.
grinbuck

Post by grinbuck » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:50 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
grinbuck wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
This feature isn't implemented yet, so it isn't actually doing anything, as far as I know. Has your hashrate increased?
EDIT 2: Sorry for the misinformation Steve. I just ssh'ed into my miner and it seems that my previous changes to bmminer.conf were either not saved or were overwritten because of which multi-version was set back to 1. Setting it to 16 again results in the same behavior as slushpool. Very low hashrate and rejected shares, causing the miner to reboot over and over. Sincere apologies.

EDIT: Poolside it's showing an average hash of 15.377 Th/s - still 13.75 in my miner console. Don't know if that means my hash has increased or whether it's just a momentary thing. Been consistent for the last 10 mins though.

No my hashrate is exactly the same. 13.75 Th/s. Shares are being accepted though. It doesn't work on slushpool - just reboots over and over and shows rejected shares for the little time that it does run. There's something here that's making it work that's for sure. Excited at the possibility of you successfully implementing asicboost. Been waiting a long long time in the hope that the S9 would eventually be able to make use of it.

P.S. Sorry for the late responses. The forum only lets me post once in 30 minutes or something.
At the time you made that post, you were a new user, so the post frequency was limited for you. After 3 posts, there is no limit.

I thought that is probably the case. If you'd like to assist me in getting this implemented on Sunday, we'll give you $20 if you provide us with a Remote Desktop connection to the miner for the day.
Sure. I'd be glad to help. I'll forward a port on my router for you to access via http and another to sssh into. Let me know when you need the credentials and I'll PM them to you.
dnprod

Post by dnprod » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 pm

happy birthday chris! mine today too!
LMC

Post by LMC » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:26 am

Tomas_Novak wrote:I just do not know how to activate "multi-version"
For anyone experimenting with this, one "quick and dirty" way to get into the bmminer.conf file without any heavy command-line work is to go to the antminer console, "system" tab, -> "upgrade" tab -> then generate an archive. Keep that safe but rename a COPY of it.
Open the COPY up with 7-zip or whatever, open up the bmminer.conf text file, change multi-version from "1" to something higher, save it.
Back to the antminer console, go to "restore backup". Select the archive file you just modified and restore it. If something goes wrong you can go back to the original settings by afterwards restoring the unmodified version of the archive.
So that's the way to do it with only basic knowledge and it works for me, including cloning my settings across multiple new miners.
I'm not saying it's the best way or even the easiest way. It works well for me.
Again, this is just one way you can access it.

EDIT: You can also access the file using WinSCP and Putty on a Win machine, but there's a bit of a learning curve if you're not familiar with it.

As Steve said, ASICBOOST is NOT working right now on the S9 via PH.

Going into any of these settings can brick your miner, so you need to accept that fact as your own risk and your own responsibility before you start.
LMC

Post by LMC » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:44 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
grinbuck wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:

Steve, if the other offers don't work out, I can probably give you teamviewer access to a Windows 7 machine with WinSCP & Putty installed and the browser opened up on one or more S9 or S9i consoles. No charge!
doodapunisha

Post by doodapunisha » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:20 am

Hi guys. When you are done testing ASICBOOST, please just type the best optimal setting here that I can cut and paste into my S9. This is for old guys like me that arent tech savvy and need cut and paste options :) :)
Tomas_Novak

Post by Tomas_Novak » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:47 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
Tomas_Novak wrote:I just do not know how to activate "multi-version"
/config/bmminer.conf, "multi-version." 1 is the default, and it works with all pools. I determined that when it is set to a greater number, it uses ASICBOOST. If the number is too low, the number of bits used for ASICBOOST is low and there is little effect, so I will recommend a value of 16.
when setting to 16, miners does not work. whwn setting to 2, miners loses 0,5 Th