More feature requests wanted

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

More feature requests wanted

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:53 pm

Hi,

We're ready to take more feature requests for this weekend, which is shortened to one day due to the holiday.

If you want a feature on the website or mining server, be sure to post a reply.
tucsondirect

Re: More feature requests wanted

Post by tucsondirect » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:42 pm

Are you sure? ;)
Maznoz

Post by Maznoz » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:54 am

I missed this post before the weekend, but never late than never.

Here are some features I would appreciate:
- Extension of the API with user specific information on:
- workers
- balances
- payouts
kires

Post by kires » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:09 am

It's not uncommon for me to have my earnings page open in the background while I'm doing other stuff. If my session times out, I of course have to log back in. However, when I log back in to a timed-out session, the page doesn't retrieve new data until I refresh it manually. It would be nice if the earnings page would retrieve fresh data in that circumstance, even if it means reloading the whole thing.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:28 pm

Chris has gotten several requests for a "mobile interface." I'm confused as to what this means, because the site was already designed so that it appears differently on cell phones than on desktops. For example, the front page arranges the boxes horizontally when on a desktop, but vertically when viewed on a phone.

What does a "mobile interface" mean? Do people want to get rid of the graphs so that they can see pages faster on slower phones? Is there a page that doesn't look right on phones, and if so, which is it?
claydigger

Post by claydigger » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:53 pm

There are some locked frames when viewing from a smartphone (iPhone 6 Plus using Safari browser) which prevents me from seeing all but a tiny strip of the data I want to see. It might be mobile but needs a dev to check into improving the UI.
tucsondirect

Post by tucsondirect » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:10 pm

Your dashboard is responsive... but it is NOT mobile... clickable elements are too close, images are not optimized, Java is not super mobile friendly... with that being said ... its not terrible as a mobile accessible site
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:00 am

I looked into this issue and unfortunately, I don't see how it can be resolved without significant architectural changes. The goal would be to replace all the tables with "cards" that display the same data in a different manner. At the same time, we could make the data live-update.

If we did this, it would set back multiple algorithms considerably. Are there any more minor changes to the website that could make a big difference to mobile users?
tucsondirect

Post by tucsondirect » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:16 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:I looked into this issue and unfortunately, I don't see how it can be resolved without significant architectural changes. The goal would be to replace all the tables with "cards" that display the same data in a different manner. At the same time, we could make the data live-update.

If we did this, it would set back multiple algorithms considerably. Are there any more minor changes to the website that could make a big difference to mobile users?
`Run your code though a whitespace remover and minify it (DONT DO THIS TO YOUR SOURCECODE!)

`try to detect mobile users and include all necessary css in page

`set an appropriate ViewPort, and device width.(dont forget MAX scale)

`change css location of the login popup