Statuas as of Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Statuas as of Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:22 am

Good morning!
  • Chris was able to resolve the outstanding support tickets that were assigned to him. We apologize for the delays in getting the tickets resolved. As always, profitability comes first, and Chris was adding new coins this weekend.
  • Speaking of coins, Chris has added about 2/3 of the Tradesatoshi coins. Tradesatoshi was down yesterday, limiting his progress. There are more coins to add today. These are all mineable coins that directly increase profit.
  • Speaking of profit, yesterday we announced that we would be passing on an across the board 1% increase in profit, which was mostly achieved by Vance's resolving of pool issues. We were able to achieve LTC + 10% even though the 1% increase and the new coins weren't added until the second half of the day. We still believe there is another 1% we can pass on later this week, too, and there are still more mineable coins to add.
  • I made an adjustment to the system to reduce the number of times miners are sent work restarts. After a few days, I'll review the data to see whether miners are achieving higher hashrates as a result.
  • Vance is working on deploying ERC20 token payouts. Unfortunately, he's trying to figure out an issue where money that enters the ETH wallet immediately goes to a different wallet. That's probably because of the ETH issue where money is used to fund previously pending transactions, so resolving this issue will require a reinstall of the ETH client and the generation of a new key, which will delay the release.
  • Constance has designed a "miner groups" interface. The interface is one of the most requested features on the "website wishlist," and will allow customers to create groups of miners using password arguments. Then, statistics for each group will be aggregated separately and tracked on the website separately.
alim

Re: Statuas as of Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Post by alim » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:46 am

I thought there seemed to be many new coins going through the pool's latest block list.

Love the idea of the miner groups interface - can't wait to see what has been implemented, even though I only have a few miners.

As for increase, I have to now fess up that Prohashing is showing more than 100MHz more than my miner - eg 762MHz vs 646 MHz - not sure how you have tweaked it, but happy to help test out something much later today or early tomorrow.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:35 am

alim wrote:I thought there seemed to be many new coins going through the pool's latest block list.

Love the idea of the miner groups interface - can't wait to see what has been implemented, even though I only have a few miners.

As for increase, I have to now fess up that Prohashing is showing more than 100MHz more than my miner - eg 762MHz vs 646 MHz - not sure how you have tweaked it, but happy to help test out something much later today or early tomorrow.
I think that what you're seeing is simply luck. The best we can do with estimating hashrate is to divide the number of shares you submit by time. If you are using a high difficulty, your hashrate will go up and down a lot due to luck.
alim

Post by alim » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:39 pm

Steve, Thanks for the feedback!