Status as of Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:00 am

Good morning! Here's a few comments for today.
  • Yesterday, I discovered an issue where we were sending a lot of publications on the general_updates WAMP channel. Every time a mining server publishes an update, we sum up the total hashrates and published the data to the channel. However, all the mining servers always publish their hashrates at once, so that led to eight consecutive updates on that channel with very few changes between them. I modified the system to only send the totals to users when the primary mining server publishes an update, reducing bandwidth to 1/8 on that channel of what it was before, and eliminating 1000 transmissions every time the data changes. It's reduced the number of WAMP mining server disconnects from 100 per day to just 4 in the last 18 hours. I'll continue with more work on reducing WAMP load today.
  • I think we'll be able to push profits up another 1% on Saturday. This is profit that is being reallocated from the incorrect calculations that occurred with regards to frequently connecting large miners. Interestingly, it doesn't seem to me that profitability is a big contributor to our customer base, despite what a few vocal people have said. If it were, then the fact that X11 is now running at DASH + 35% (plus another 1% coming up) would have led us to have a lot more X11 hashrate than we do.
  • Today, Constance is going to begin cleaning up our facebook page by answering requests there and updating it with the latest data.
  • Vance is working on implementing the TradeSatoshi exchange, which will result in a large number of new coins over the next few weeks.
  • ERC20 token payouts are completed but are waiting for the solid state disks for the development server to arrive from Amazon. Amazon says they will arrive on June 12.
  • Yesterday, I implemented ASICBOOST support. However, we can't release it until I can obtain miners to test it by submitting blocks to the bitcoin testnet. I contacted someone who requested ASICBOOST support for assistance, but he has not replied yet. Should he not reply, any other suggestions for how we can rent ASICBOOST miners are appreciated.
alim

Re: Status as of Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Post by alim » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Steve sounds fab!

I don't know anything about ASICBOOST yet, but willing to learn and test it out.

Ali M
DeterMINEd

Re: Status as of Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Post by DeterMINEd » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:24 am

I believe asic boost is implemented in drogonmint's sha-256 only right now.