Status as of Friday, June 1, 2018
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:21 am
Good morning! Here's what's up today.
- Charity mining is about 10 days away from release. We'll be posting a poll to narrow the charity list soon.
- Vance has made a lot of progress with saving money on the backend. He's currently implementing code to automatically disable exchanges within 5 minutes of wallets becoming locked. Currently, Chris has to manually determine when wallets are locked, wasting lots of time and money. For those who aren't aware, many exchanges illegally allow trading while disallowing deposits and withdrawals; this is called a locked wallet. Some are so unethical as to make it difficult to actually determine whether a wallet is locked or not.
- Since there has been three days of full stability now after the last major release to obtain accurate hashrates, I ran some initial queries and determined that NiceHash miners who connect for short periods of time are now being paid about 12% less than they were before, and their new level of earnings is accurate based upon the actual money they earn. However, the data now is not yet statistically significant. If it holds through the end of the weekend, next week we will begin passing on an estimated 3% to customers.
- My task over the weekend will be to determine why the mining servers still continue to disconnect from WAMP periodically, causing various system issues. I had thought it was miners who have lots of rigs connected trying to obtain WAMP data for them, but I watched the calls and the execution time for that is trivial, so I'm still missing something. I had hoped to get ASICBOOST added this week, but unfortunately that will be delayed until next week.
- Constance made some changes to our block explorers. Now, you'll be able to search in one text field and it will determine what type of item you are searching for, instead of having to specify whether it is a wallet or block or anything else.