Status as of Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed May 30, 2018 9:34 am

Good morning!
  • I'm continuing to work on the share insertion issues that continue to plague the system. The core issue seems to be that the WAMP server disconnects periodically and that somehow affects the sending of live coin status data to the rest of the system. The disconnects have been going on for years and we can't figure out what's wrong with the network. Overnight, Chris upgraded the WAMP router to the latest version in the hopes that it would resolve the issue, but the only way to know is to wait and see if the problems recur. In the meantime, I'm going to fix a memory leak in the share inserters on the off-chance that it triggers the problems. Currently the share inserters just restart when they run out of memory, so I'm not confident that the fix will change the core issue, but it's worth a shot.
  • The share insertion bug has made it impossible to analyze whether last week's fix improved the issue with NiceHash miners connecting during profitable times and reducing profits for other customers. Once we get a long period where the issue does not occur, I'll be able to use the data to determine what the true proportion of low-luck miners on NiceHash is.
  • There are nominations for ERC20 tokens and charities in the "News" forum. Please post your nominations there.
  • We changed the forums again. The bots that were posting Chinese spam must have had a feature to auto-register E-Mail accounts at Microsoft services and auto-confirm their accounts, so we now require manual activation of new accounts. It's been amazingly useful over the past few days in reducing the spam.