Status as of Sunday, May 27, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Sunday, May 27, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun May 27, 2018 9:33 am

Good morning!
  • Yesterday's share corrections were applied successfully. About $10,000 was distributed to customers from unrecorded shares. There are still a few issues with the hashrate charts that Chris is correcting. A description on what the problem was is available in a separate topic in the "News" forum, and the original issue (insufficient memory) was resolved. Note that profits are about 2/3 of what they were just a few days ago because difficulty and prices have been very unfavorable regardless of any problems.
  • Unfortunately, the issues destroyed the data I was using to determine how much the fix had improved profitability, and therefore I'll need to wait two extra days to be able to determine how much of the improved profits can be permanently passed on to customers.
  • YoBit has locked a lot of its wallets, and the system detected that and placed many coins into error. We're continuing to do what we can about locked wallets by adding other exchanges so that we have a minimal number of coins without exchanges at all times.
  • Currently, the ongoing tasks are ASICBOOST support, adjusting profits once enough data from the last fix is available, Ethereum mining, charity donations, ERC20 token payouts, and Tether payouts.
  • Beginning immediately, E-Mail activation is now required for all new forum accounts. The goal is that the Chinese spam bots are likely not programmed to check E-Mail accounts to confirm the links, and that should eliminate the spam, at least until they write code to perform the E-Mail checking process.
  • We are still in reduced support mode for the holiday weekend. Regular support will resume tomorrow afternoon.
CSZiggy

Re: Status as of Sunday, May 27, 2018

Post by CSZiggy » Sun May 27, 2018 12:20 pm

why bother, no one cares.
Last edited by CSZiggy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eyedol-X

Post by Eyedol-X » Mon May 28, 2018 7:54 am

I think the simplest way to address this issue for now is to enable moderation on new forum accounts created during overnight hours in USA. New forum accounts can't post until they are approved and that would immediately stop this issue until you can implement something they can't get around or they get bored and go elsewhere.
raineycd

Post by raineycd » Mon May 28, 2018 10:20 am

Any problems with WAMP sysetem? Can't connect. Can connect to Poloniex WAMP with same solution.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Mon May 28, 2018 12:16 pm

Foxx

Post by Foxx » Mon May 28, 2018 1:02 pm

just me but... i'm thinking their user name would be a dead give away.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Mon May 28, 2018 1:41 pm

Eyedol-X

Post by Eyedol-X » Mon May 28, 2018 3:02 pm

CSZiggy wrote:
Eyedol-X wrote:I think the simplest way to address this issue for now is to enable moderation on new forum accounts created during overnight hours in USA. New forum accounts can't post until they are approved and that would immediately stop this issue until you can implement something they can't get around or they get bored and go elsewhere.

So they created 20 accounts the first night, use 10 of them the next night, and register 10 new ones for the following day and keep repeating?
If you put a 24-hour pause on posting they will still do what they did, just have to skip one 24-hour period.
There would have to be some sort of vetting process on new accounts, it can't be a simple "24 hour delay" -- when the account is reviewed, the mod decides if it's a legit account or not.

Looking at the usernames they are using such as "bghsfdjhs" is pretty obvious it's crap, a mod would catch that immediately and ban/delete the account.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue May 29, 2018 4:01 pm

Eyedol-X wrote:
CSZiggy wrote:
Eyedol-X wrote:I think the simplest way to address this issue for now is to enable moderation on new forum accounts created during overnight hours in USA. New forum accounts can't post until they are approved and that would immediately stop this issue until you can implement something they can't get around or they get bored and go elsewhere.

So they created 20 accounts the first night, use 10 of them the next night, and register 10 new ones for the following day and keep repeating?
If you put a 24-hour pause on posting they will still do what they did, just have to skip one 24-hour period.
There would have to be some sort of vetting process on new accounts, it can't be a simple "24 hour delay" -- when the account is reviewed, the mod decides if it's a legit account or not.

Looking at the usernames they are using such as "bghsfdjhs" is pretty obvious it's crap, a mod would catch that immediately and ban/delete the account.
I read these suggestions and found that phpBB allows us to disable accounts "pending admin review," so that's what I did. Every morning, I'll review the accounts that are created and enable the ones that seem reasonable. Even if I enable some of the spammers' accounts by accident, there will still be a "cooling off" period that might make some of the bots give up.