Status as of Saturday, July 18

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Saturday, July 18

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:34 pm

I wanted to post a status update on what's happening before the upcoming major system maintenance.
  • We were successfully able to release that new mining server version today, which failed the last time we tried on Tuesday. It turns out that it is impossible to merge mine proof-of-stake coins because the merge mined daemons reject proof of stake coinbase transactions. Therefore, this new version enables proof of stake coins, but accounts for there being no merge mining possible with those coins.
  • Another improvement is that miners who fail work restart testing now are assigned a default value, and have an error appear in the "worker status" table. This change should assist people who tried to connect but who did not know to use the r= password argument to bypass work restart testing when their miners didn't support it.
  • The maintenance period is scheduled for Monday and is entirely dependent on a company in California. However, we were put in a difficult situation of choosing a vendor in California or paying much more locally - but the item hasn't hit the postal service yet. It amazes me that it can take so long for an item to hit the mail - Chris bought some sunglasses two Fridays ago, and they didn't hit the mail from Tampa until today, which means that they are useless because we are going to a waterpark tomorrow, not in December. The cheapest way for a vendor to make customers happy is to simply mail things the next day, even if it's with the slowest shipping service.
  • Richard reminded Chris of a promised feature of offering payout of "worthless" coins that have no buy orders but many sell orders. I'm looking into this issue this afternoon.
  • I was able to fix and deploy a resolution to the "coinbase connection disappears" issue, thanks to those who reproduced it recently. While Coinbase payouts always worked properly, their activation now displays properly on the website.