Status as of Monday, June 29

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Monday, June 29

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:28 pm

There's so much status to report that I don't know where to begin. Perhaps I'll just let the new features be announced slowly over the next few days if I can't write them all now.
  • Chris was able to fully complete the database memory rellocation. Now, the system averages about 50% one core CPU load and 2% disk load, compared to about 60% one core CPU load and 80% disk load before. There are 12 additional cores available; most of the CPU load is being used for Decimal arithmetic, since floating-point numbers are unacceptable when dealing with money.
  • The block explorer is indexing blockchains six at a time now. It's possible that all 110 coins, with the exception of bitcoin, will be indexed soon. We aren't sure whether it's worth indexing bitcoin or not, given the load it will require and how many other block explorers there are for bitcoin.
  • There are a huge number of bugfixes and website changes from this weekend.
  • First, mentions of blocks, like in the "found blocks" table, now allow you to click on them and see the mined block, if it has been indexed. Second, rootdude requested that each user be able to view his or her own found blocks, so that chart was added to the "earnings" page. Third, the wallet address is linked in the "activity" chart to the block explorer. Fourth, the transaction hash of payouts is now recorded, and it is linked to the block explorer. Since transaction hashes are malleable, these links may not always work. Fifth, the block explorer now indicates whether Prohashing mined a viewed block (or a transaction), and if so, displays the name of the user who mined it. Sixth, the block explorer now includes statistics about indexing status and current price.
  • I implemented and Chris tested trading with C-Cex. Because its changes have become dependent on the website changes, they will be all released at once. C-Cex will increase profitability by providing another source to buy and sell coins, and by allowing new coins to be offered.
  • We're proud to introduce "notifications," a new feature at Prohashing. Notifications send E-Mails, or simply record in the database, events that fall outside of a specified normal range that you define. For example, you can be notified when your total hashrate falls below 5MH/s, or you can be notified when instant profitability rises above 10 cents. Notifications are only sent once and are not repeated again until the problem has resolved, preventing spam. This feature will be available in the next release. Thanks to rootdude and kires for requesting it.
  • We are seeing unbelievable profitability today. Litecoins have risen to 0.014. Monacoins are giving us periods of 12-14 cents for 10 minutes at a time. If things keep going at this rate, it's possible we could average 10 cents today, which I don't think anyone ever predicted we would see again.
Expect all these changes to appear on the 1st or 2nd. If only I could work on this project 75 hours a week, instead of 30, this kind of progress would get done every day. Feel free to offer comments.
JiveTonto

Re: Status as of Monday, June 29

Post by JiveTonto » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:38 pm

Very nice welldone but lets see it maintained ;)
rootdude

Re: Status as of Monday, June 29

Post by rootdude » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:42 pm

JiveTonto wrote:...but lets see it maintained ;)
As if Steve and Chris have some control over that - LOL.

Nice, nice work gentlemen... can't wait to see some of the new stuff!