Status as of Sunday, April 15, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Sunday, April 15, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:45 am

Good morning!
  • We're please to announce that we will be releasing an "E-Mail on payout address changed" feature later today. Once it is released, we suggest that all customers enable it. The feature sends an E-Mail when a payout address in an account changes, or when the E-Mail address requested for payout address notifications changes. When combined with two-factor authentication, prevention of Tor access, and the limit to the number of invalid password attempts, it is very likely that we will never see a theft from an account with all of those features enabled. We have already never seen a theft from an account with two-factor authentication alone, proving how important it is in securing accounts. This should complete the security releases for the website.
  • Some customers are owed large balances of Monero because they have invalid payout addresses, which have reached end of liability. Chris and I have discussed adding a new feature to reject connections from miners who have missing or invalid payout addresses for any coin (not just Monero). Our documentation clearly states that all customers are required to take prompt payouts of balances. We are not a bank and are not going to waste money buying safety deposit boxes and paying our employees to configure cold storage. This feature will be released in the next few weeks. In order to avoid having your miners go offline, please make sure that all your payout addresses are entered and valid as soon as possible.
  • The significantly lower orphan rates after the connection upgrade have been increasing profitability. Since orphan rates are averaged over 28 days, we can expect profitability to continue to rise as a result of lower orphans gradually over the next three weeks. The effect is already pronounced for SHA-256, because SHA-256 has only been available for 21 days, not 28. In SHA-256, we're already at BTC+17% and rising.
  • Our projection is that within a month, we will have resolved all of the significant bugs. The mining server is already pretty stable. The website has performance issues with the "worker history" chart, and some problems with notifications still need to be investigated. Because Vance wasn't able to start until last week, the part of the system that is most behind is payout problems, as there are still a lot of tickets about smaller coins. He resolved the equihash "unshielding" issue, fixed Ripple payouts, and is continuing to try to eliminate edge cases so that payouts for the smallest coins are more consistent.
  • After that, we want to get all the exchanges that are available added to increase profitability. The main limitation there is data entry capacity. Programming a new exchange requires about two days, but data entry of all the coins and markets is often a 100-hour task.
MitchellMint

Re: Status as of Sunday, April 15, 2018

Post by MitchellMint » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:28 pm

I think Im caught up in the Monero thing. My payout address hasnt changed on my new wallet. Not sure what to do here and dont want to burn the account, if I havent done it already. I dont hold anyone liable except myself. So, what do I do? Im hoping I just need a new address right?
TrustPlus Dev