Status as of Monday, April 9, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Monday, April 9, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:06 am

Good morning! I'm going to keep things brief this morning so that I can get started right away.
  • We are still in reduced support mode, and expect to be until Wednesday. I apologize for the delayed ticket times until then. The reason for the delays is the server upgrades, which are now finished, and the training of a new employee, who will eventually assist in bringing ticket times down to even lower than they were before this started. Training new employees reduces productivity initially.
  • The connection limit issue from last night was resolved. The symptoms were that existing miners would stay connected, but there would be period of time when no new customers could connect. We determined that the connection limit was high enough, but that there were connections that would remain open for a long time without sending any data, probably because they visited the site and turned off their phones or something like that, which wouldn't provide a disconnect message. Setting a timeout on these connections eliminated the problem.
  • There are now no outstanding known issues caused by the connection or mining server upgrades. Thanks for your patience during that period!
  • The new connection has dropped orphan rates much more dramatically than I expected. Orphan rates are averaged over the last month, so it will take some time for the new rates to pull up the averages.
  • We may return to Verge mining within a few days, now that the network appears to have stabilized.
  • The "LTC" earnings on the profitability chart is being overestimated. The calculation incorrectly takes the price of LTC at the end of the day and assumes that was the profitability for the entire day, while the "automatic" line uses the instantaneous prices, which is more accurate. Since LTC rose a lot at the end of the day yesterday, LTC appears to be more profitable than it actually was.
  • Expect Vance to stop on the forums today and say hi.
  • Besides training him, my main goal today is to apply the changes necessary to deal with low luck miners. We were able to come to a conclusion last night but ran out of time to actually implement the changes. We think we'll be able to make it far less likely that false positives occur, and we just need time to remove people from the list. Tomorrow, after the initial frenzy with Vance dies down, Chris and I are going to spend our spare time, as planned, trying to get the support ticket queue back down to zero, thus meeting the deadline for normal support to resume Wednesday.
mikey

Re: Status as of Monday, April 9, 2018

Post by mikey » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:34 am

I'm still getting garbage data under live worker status. It seems to be paying ok, so not a big deal.

This is for 2 equihash rigs, 1 T9+, 1L3+

Edit: Thanks for the upgrades and the site in general. Added tip :lol:
ZiGen

Re: Status as of Monday, April 9, 2018

Post by ZiGen » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:57 pm

mikey wrote:I'm still getting garbage data under live worker status. It seems to be paying ok, so not a big deal.

This is for 2 equihash rigs, 1 T9+, 1L3+

Edit: Thanks for the upgrades and the site in general. Added tip :lol:
Same here ...no live miners status ...Earnings are ok ...???