Status as of Sunday, April 8, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
CritterDog

Re: Status as of Sunday, April 8, 2018

Post by CritterDog » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:14 pm

I have herd this term low luck miners a lot lately. Can someone please explain what exactly is a low luck miner? Thanks
xenoslee

Post by xenoslee » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:57 pm

CritterDog wrote:I have herd this term low luck miners a lot lately. Can someone please explain what exactly is a low luck miner? Thanks
I don't quite get the issue of low luck miners. Given that the pool is having a pay per share policy, does it mean that low luck miners have lower earnings?
mycide

Post by mycide » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:38 am

I mined DGB here for like 30 days straight and even if dgb fluctuate a lot in hashing, that month i recieved way under expected blocks, and i keept checking difficulty every hour or so as i was awake. Low luck on some coins are real. should have recieved on average 2-3 blocks per 24/h and actual recieved 1 or less.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
mycide

Post by mycide » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:41 am

xenoslee wrote:
CritterDog wrote:I have herd this term low luck miners a lot lately. Can someone please explain what exactly is a low luck miner? Thanks
I don't quite get the issue of low luck miners. Given that the pool is having a pay per share policy, does it mean that low luck miners have lower earnings?
If you are mining pps then luck does not apply do you and your payout scheme.
If you mine solo (and if ur not a big farm.) luck is all you need and want, below average luck, and pps makes u more money.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:44 am

xenoslee wrote:
I dont know what steve means by low luck mining. Maybe he can see this post and explain.
The way I take it is by the sound of it he means miners that submit shares but never find a block? I dont know though.
Fausto

Post by Fausto » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:47 am

Thank you for sending my my payment. Again, if you need to access my "unluck" machine I am available for you to access it and test. I have no idea what you could do but I am available. Thanks. Fausto.
CB1

Post by CB1 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:36 pm

not sure if should be in here or not.

$PAC have announced they're lowering block rewards for mining from 4830 down to only 690 per block!

Will you guys remain mining the coin or will it drop out of profitability? (i'm not 100% sure how your algo works it out properly).
alim

Post by alim » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:56 am

If you have had a message that your machine has "low luck", you may need to adjust your password settings. Try in this order (notation for antiminer - you may need to use commas where the spaces are)

Password parameters
1. scan-time=1
2. scan-time=7 expiry=28

The last answer on the bottom of this thread explains how to determine what your target difficulty should be: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/quest ... slush-pool

To experiment, you will need to use d=[some factor of 2] along with the parameters in 2 above as a starting point.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:01 am

alim wrote:If you have had a message that your machine has "low luck", you may need to adjust your password settings. Try in this order (notation for antiminer - you may need to use commas where the spaces are)

Password parameters
1. scan-time=1
2. scan-time=7 expiry=28

The last answer on the bottom of this thread explains how to determine what your target difficulty should be: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/quest ... slush-pool

To experiment, you will need to use d=[some factor of 2] along with the parameters in 2 above as a starting point.
As far as I know, scan time and expiry were settings used before stratum came into existance.
Older connections for miners would allow those to be set from the client, I'm fairly certain with stratum the server uses its own values and ignores ones sent.

There is nothing people can do/no password settings to increase their luck, thats something that needs to be false-positive removed by the pool coders.
alim

Post by alim » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:51 pm

@CSZiggy

In the help section, Prohashing recommends put in option 1. When I investigated, I came across several testing indicating the 1:4 ratio produced results.

I believe "luck" is a reference to finding new blocks. Whereas I am targeting utilisation. Changing the parameters has a definite impact on the WU.