Status as of Friday, March 23, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
CSZiggy

Re: Status as of Friday, March 23, 2018

Post by CSZiggy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:09 pm

https://support.prohashing.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa
Not a member? To request an account, please contact your JIRA administrators.

clicking on it takes you:
https://support.prohashing.com/secure/C ... fault.jspa
which says the form is NOT setup, so no new accounts can be made, so if you dont already have an account you cant get help.

MACIELENG, just to check, on the settings page, you have checkboxed or filled out the tax info needed to be paid correct?
If you are a US person they need to send how much you make to your IRS so they can make sure you pay income tax on all the money you made from the site in the past year.

Also check, be sure your payment address is saved for that coin. You have to add the coin tot he slider at the top for the coin address to show up, but then you have to input the address at the bottom of that part of the page and then use the 2nd SAVE for it to recognize. The payment address and coins page I feel really needs to be redone. Other pools have really nice pages that list all the coins and you can just checkbox and input addresses and then they have a single SAVE at the bottom. The settings page on here is very confusing and manual compared to other sites.

JUSTMINING254--you had to supply a password recovery Email on your account in order for that password recovery to be emailed to you.
Not sure, but I also read some time ago Microsoft wasn't playing well with the email servers on this site, so even if you used a MS email for your password recovery, that might not have worked either.
macieleng

Post by macieleng » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:12 pm

macieleng wrote:Steve, I really need your help.
I am mining and being paid in Lindacoin but, despite having over 50k Linda I did not get paid for 4 days now and every night the count resets to 24hours.
For you I also do not think it is good since I mined linda when it was 12 and now it is over 40, and it will keep going up since they are changing the MN in March 31st so you probably will have to pay even more.

I CANNOT create a ticket since the system does not let me login.

please help me receiving this payment
Issue resolved. Thank you Steve
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:55 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: As soon as Monero switches algorithms, the ASIC manufacturers will create hardware for the new algorithm. Are they going to just keep switching every few months?
Oh i don't disagree with that. I think it's pointless to fight ASICs by jumping algos. Not sure if there is a different way to do it though, but i'm limited in that knowledge.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:06 pm

pretty sure theyre not switching algos, but tweeking the existing cryptonight algo, and will do it every so often
AlexCanada95

Post by AlexCanada95 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:36 pm

Do you have any plans to add also "Myriad-Groestl" algorithm? It's used by coins such as Digibyte, Verge and Myriad coin. I think that if you want to have extra chances on "defeating" Nicehash, you should also consider adding algorithms that Nicehash doesn't have, such as Myriad-Groestl and Skein, since they are quite profitable from what I've read.
Justmining254

Post by Justmining254 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:23 pm

CSZiggy wrote:https://support.prohashing.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa
Not a member? To request an account, please contact your JIRA administrators.

clicking on it takes you:
https://support.prohashing.com/secure/C ... fault.jspa
which says the form is NOT setup, so no new accounts can be made, so if you dont already have an account you cant get help.

MACIELENG, just to check, on the settings page, you have checkboxed or filled out the tax info needed to be paid correct?
If you are a US person they need to send how much you make to your IRS so they can make sure you pay income tax on all the money you made from the site in the past year.

Also check, be sure your payment address is saved for that coin. You have to add the coin tot he slider at the top for the coin address to show up, but then you have to input the address at the bottom of that part of the page and then use the 2nd SAVE for it to recognize. The payment address and coins page I feel really needs to be redone. Other pools have really nice pages that list all the coins and you can just checkbox and input addresses and then they have a single SAVE at the bottom. The settings page on here is very confusing and manual compared to other sites.

JUSTMINING254--you had to supply a password recovery Email on your account in order for that password recovery to be emailed to you.
Not sure, but I also read some time ago Microsoft wasn't playing well with the email servers on this site, so even if you used a MS email for your password recovery, that might not have worked either.

I have submitted problems in the past through the support site. I have an Google email address and I have it set up to remember my password so I don't have to when I come to the site. My password doesn't work and when I do the forgot password I don't receive an email. I'm just trying to find out if there are issues with the payments for Zero or if I'm the only one not receiving it.
MitchellMint

Post by MitchellMint » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:42 pm

Love the new site speed. The top coin dances every half second. Its become fun again. Thank you.
TrustPlus Dev
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:02 am

AlexCanada95 wrote:Do you have any plans to add also "Myriad-Groestl" algorithm? It's used by coins such as Digibyte, Verge and Myriad coin. I think that if you want to have extra chances on "defeating" Nicehash, you should also consider adding algorithms that Nicehash doesn't have, such as Myriad-Groestl and Skein, since they are quite profitable from what I've read.
These algorithms are profitable, but the reason nobody is adding them is because the size of the entire market is very small. Some of these algorithms mine blocks worth less than $40,000 daily in total, even if we somehow obtained 100% of all hashrate for the entire algorithm. By comparison, scrypt is worth at least $2m per day.

Every bit of profit counts, but given how much work it is to add new algorithms and how much money is lost initially due to bugs in their implementations, at this point I don't see how we could earn enough to pay back the implementation costs.
Locobro

Post by Locobro » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:09 am

Hi Steve I want to get payed in ripple but when I try to get deposit it doesn’t let me put tag wish my wallet requieres what can I do
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:09 pm

1, get another wallet, that one might not be supported.
2, put in a ticket with support.prohashing.com so you can get official support.