Status as of Friday, March 23, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Friday, March 23, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:09 am

Good morning!
  • For the first time ever, there are no support tickets this morning. Yesterday, there were only 3. Most tickets tend to be about unfixable payout issues, so we must have gotten lucky today that every coin paid or nobody noticed that they didn't.
  • We resolved three major issues with last night's mining server release. First, Bitcoin Cash is now mineable; before, the CashAddr format had not been understood by our software and was throwing exceptions that disconnected miners. Second, we added additional code to prevent equihash miners from timing out after 12 minutes. Third, we resolved an issue that had limited us to a maximum of six enabled merge-mined coins, which had to do with how the auxiliary merkle tree was created. Unfortunately, the resolution of that bug caused issues in restarting the server, because the exceptions caused by the error had prevented the code from reaching the next line, which caused the server to run out of memory when there are more than six coins. I'll be troubleshooting that today.
  • The new Internet connection was delayed 10 days due to the blizzard, but now we have an actual date: April 5. If Comcast is not able to meet that date, then we will be telling them to delay until May, because we need to train the new employee who begins on April 9 for 2-3 weeks.
  • Ripple payouts will be available later this weekend. We are also looking into having Chuck Bates, who has performed exceptional work with the Ripple client (and who you should hire if you need similar work) implement Tether or ERC20 tokens for payouts.
  • As a general plan, our next step is to enable Monero and Ethereum mining, hopefully by the end of the Summer. That will leave us with a core selection of the most profitable and largest algorithms that allow anyone to mine with us: the three ASIC algorithms, one for NVIDIA GPUs, one for AMD GPUs, and one that allows CPUs to make a meaningful amount of money. After that, we can either move onto the auto-switching client that was always the end goal since 2013, or get money transmission licenses to offer staking and the ability to turn on a "send in coins, get out other coins" meta-exchange. Another idea that is gaining traction with Chris is that we can simply add the ability to rent hashrate, which we believe would eventually make us the market leader in that space, given that NiceHash is not operating legally in the United States, and that we don't have to fight against a tarnished brand like NiceHash does.
mycide

Re: Status as of Friday, March 23, 2018

Post by mycide » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:19 am

I think you'r on to something with competing with nicehash. I tried nicehash but never got hooked on their system, i really do like PH's system and the fact that you, the devs/owenrs are speaking to us keeping us in the loop.
I'd even be enthusiastic into expanding my mining venture if the rig renting here is successful.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:53 am

Warning about monero mining Steve, don't know if you've heard but they're changing the algorithm to skirt the upcoming cryptonight Asics.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:31 am

GregoryGHarding wrote:Warning about monero mining Steve, don't know if you've heard but they're changing the algorithm to skirt the upcoming cryptonight Asics.
This is bad news for Monero, and good news for us. Perhaps you might recall differently, but I've never seen a coin hard fork to a different algorithm and succeed, ever. But if it does succeed, it means that we'll still have a CPU algorithm available.

The most likely outcome for this fork is the creation of a new Monero Classic blockchain that will permanently survive and compete with the other Monero.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:43 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
This is bad news for Monero, and good news for us. Perhaps you might recall differently, but I've never seen a coin hard fork to a different algorithm and succeed, ever. But if it does succeed, it means that we'll still have a CPU algorithm available.
It'll succeed because GPUs will go after it. If they don't fork, then ASICs would run the GPUs out and the GPUs would have to find something else to mine anyways, so either way, GPUs will have to move, so it makes no sense that it wouldn't succeed.

Plus, many cryptonite coins are supposedly going to follow Monero to whatever algorithm they are going to.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:50 am

Aura89 wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
It'll succeed because GPUs will go after it. If they don't fork, then ASICs would run the GPUs out and the GPUs would have to find something else to mine anyways, so either way, GPUs will have to move, so it makes no sense that it wouldn't succeed.

Plus, many cryptonite coins are supposedly going to follow Monero to whatever algorithm they are going to.
This is foolhardy, in my opinion. As soon as Monero switches algorithms, the ASIC manufacturers will create hardware for the new algorithm. Are they going to just keep switching every few months? There is a probability with every switch that a mistake will be made and an algorithm with a security vulnerability will be selected.
Justmining254

Post by Justmining254 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:50 am

I have a payout issue with Zero but I'm not able to login the support site.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:58 am

Justmining254 wrote:I have a payout issue with Zero but I'm not able to login the support site.
What error message do you receive when you can't login?
macieleng

Post by macieleng » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:57 am

Steve, I really need your help.
I am mining and being paid in Lindacoin but, despite having over 50k Linda I did not get paid for 4 days now and every night the count resets to 24hours.
For you I also do not think it is good since I mined linda when it was 12 and now it is over 40, and it will keep going up since they are changing the MN in March 31st so you probably will have to pay even more.

I CANNOT create a ticket since the system does not let me login.

please help me receiving this payment
Justmining254

Post by Justmining254 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
Justmining254 wrote:I have a payout issue with Zero but I'm not able to login the support site.
What error message do you receive when you can't login?
It tells me incorrect password so I do forgot password but I never receive an email to reset password