Status as of Monday, April 13

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Monday, April 13

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:07 am

Here's today's status after an eventful weekend. Fortunately, I took the day off so that I can put another 10 hours into this project today.
  • Someone reported that there is an issue with the pool where every 18-22 minutes a disconnect occurs. This is not a new issue, but one which is also present in the existing code. It's a major problem with the new code because it causes miners to waste time retesting their work restart times after the reconnection. I'm looking into the problem.
  • A day of optimization yesterday improved the performance of the system by 3x. We seem to be able to handle 120 works with no problems now, but the 500 worker test still fails.
  • Chris will be back to full time on the pool this evening, now that the taxes are almost finished.
  • The plan for today is to fix the 18-22 minute disconnect issue, and then to work on optimizations all day. Since we may be optimized enough to release now, we'll stop the optimizations at some point and try a release tonight.
  • Slawek and others have pointed out that their statistics don't match the pool's statistics, especially with rejected shares. There are a lot of bugs in the existing system, more than we ever suspected. As soon as we can get this new release out, we expect that a lot of these major issues will subside.