Status as of Monday, March 19, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Monday, March 19, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:08 am

For whatever reason, there seems to have been an uptick in the number of issues recently. A few quick notes on outstanding issues:
  • The equihash "lost blocks" problem was resolved yesterday. After another day of confirming that there are no more lost blocks, I will ask Chris to reset the orphan rates for those coins, increasing profits for equihash miners.
  • There is an issue with SHA-256 mining, but I haven't been able to reproduce it. I do know that the hashrate for SHA-256 being reported on the forums and on the website is not the cause of this problem. It simply is the hashrate of one of the mining servers multiplied by 4 (the number of servers). There appear to be 17 miners mining SHA-256 right now, but they are not evenly distributed across the servers as would be expected if we had more miners. The hashrate for SHA-256 will become more accurate once we get over 100-200 miners. As to the issue that is causing some miners to disconnect, I think I will need to buy an S9 to reproduce it, because the test software does not disconnect or show any problems. The theory is that third-party software has some sort of bug that is only uncovered by something specific we're doing. More updates will follow as we continue the investigation.
  • Some coins are in error due to exchange block number mismatches. This feature, which was disabled when we released the big multiple algorithms update on April 15, was re-enabled recently. So far, the issue is not a bug but rather that some exchanges are slow in updating their block numbers. We're researching the issue and trying to figure out how to make some use of the exchange data but still not trigger this error too often.
  • The number of tickets waiting for support is down to 38, after Chris answered 7 more last night. He's continuing to answer these tickets, and we anticipate the support tickets being answered more quickly once our new employees start next month.
  • The Comcast people still haven't called back, four days later. The woman apparently never works on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays. One of the most frustrating things about this world is how so many people seem to just disappear over the weekends, as if business shuts off because of the day of the week.
bitwinter

Re: Status as of Monday, March 19, 2018

Post by bitwinter » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:41 am

I had 6 x S9's on there and noticed them disconnecting this morning so I moved them back to BTC pool. Wish you luck in finding a solution- it would be nice to bring them back :)
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:21 pm

about comcast being unavailable on weekends... i thought the availability was one of the features youre paying for from them? lol
dnprod

Post by dnprod » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:10 pm

GregoryGHarding wrote:about comcast being unavailable on weekends... i thought the availability was one of the features youre paying for from them? lol
of course it is, normal people cant get ahold of comcast ANY day of the week :lol: