Status as of Saturday, March 17, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Saturday, March 17, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:32 am

Good morning!
  • Chris apologizes for the brief outages last night. He made some changes to improve the performance of the mining servers. Then, he changed the load balancing algorithm so that miners are assigned to servers at random, rather than by IP address. The system is no longer at 100% CPU on some servers and this change should result in fewer rejected shares for everyone.
  • SHA-256 mining is enabled, a little earlier than we thought. Try it out. During this first weekend, we may find that we need to disable it if a bug is found, but the odds of that are much lower than with equihash, which was a much greater change and involved more risk.
  • It's possible that we may be able to enable the new connection as early as next week. Doing so will involve taking all services offline. Unlike some times where we could keep the forums online, we mean everything, because Chris needs to reconfigure the networking to remove the VPNs and make things simpler. We'll post the exact date when it is available.
  • We've hired a temporary contractor to implement support to payout in Ripple, so that we don't have to wait until April 9 for the permanent employee to start. You may see Ripple support within a week!
Eyedol-X

Re: Status as of Saturday, March 17, 2018

Post by Eyedol-X » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:26 pm

Excited to finally see Ripple soon
macieleng

Post by macieleng » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Steve,

What can be done with $PAC? it is costing way more to receive payments in $PAC than buying it in an exchange or mining directly in one of their pools. I lost receiving my payments in $PAC here around 30-40% when compared to the above mentioned options.

I understand there is a risk of the coin moving up but still.

I really love the concept of Prohashing but this way is not feasible.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:06 pm

macieleng wrote:Steve,

What can be done with $PAC? it is costing way more to receive payments in $PAC than buying it in an exchange or mining directly in one of their pools. I lost receiving my payments in $PAC here around 30-40% when compared to the above mentioned options.

I understand there is a risk of the coin moving up but still.

I really love the concept of Prohashing but this way is not feasible.
This sounds like something is misconfigured, perhaps caused by the recent update.

I'll add a suopport ticket for Chris to investigate it.
macieleng

Post by macieleng » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:09 pm

thank you, and how about the previous payments I received and the one I am still working on it. I can give you any information you need it

$PAC has a higher volume than for example DOGE, so maybe the issue is with the risk spread considered.
macieleng

Post by macieleng » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:51 am

nothing was done to solve the low $PAC payment issue. will pro hashing fix the issue or we will continue to loose 30% of our money when compared to buying or mining directly in the PAC pool?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:02 am

macieleng wrote:nothing was done to solve the low $PAC payment issue. will pro hashing fix the issue or we will continue to loose 30% of our money when compared to buying or mining directly in the PAC pool?
For now, please select payouts in a different coin if this is an issue for you. This ticket is in the queue, but is complex and if you need a faster response, you can accept payment in a different coin for now.
macieleng

Post by macieleng » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:18 am

thank you for the reply. not interested in a different coin. I will wait until it is fixed to start mining at PH again
kubicek67

Post by kubicek67 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:43 pm

I am still unable to connect mining for sha-256. Is this the correct argument? a=sha-256?
kubicek67

Post by kubicek67 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:47 pm

Or does Prohash not support sha-256 digibyte?