Status as of Friday, March 9, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Friday, March 9, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:06 am

Here's a few morning comments:
  • The mining servers are starting to reach 70% load, so we will be ordering a duplicate server so that we can run eight of them, up from the current four. That should be enough to handle the current increase in customers from equihash mining and the expected increase from SHA-256. The new server will probably arrive in a week or two.
  • At this point, we're not aware of any issues that should prevent equihash mining that are not caused by configuration issues. Some of the most common tickets involve not using quotes around a command line password, which should be done regardless of whether equihash is being mined or not. Another common hangup is the error message that occurs initially stating that there was an unrecognized "set_difficulty" command - in all cases, that error can be ignored.
  • There is a coin called zBTC that some customers have reported as being equihash that we didn't know about. Chris installed it last night, and its blocks are currently downloading. Theoretically, its activation should improve profitability, assuming its difficulty is high enough.
zafar177

Re: Status as of Friday, March 9, 2018

Post by zafar177 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:49 pm

BTCz thanks! :D
keksik

Post by keksik » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:17 pm

just curious what is the configuration/type of the server?:)
pavvappav

Post by pavvappav » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:23 pm

There is also BitGem, Zero, and Hush. However, I think that they are only available on Cryptopia -- and I'm not sure about the depth of their order books. BitGem is also on Trade by Trade.

Ref: https://cryptodelver.com/algorithm/equihash/
zafar177

Post by zafar177 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:45 am

Live coin status reports errors for BTCz. Is this common for a coin which has recently been added? Can this be fixed if so how long?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:48 am

zafar177 wrote:Live coin status reports errors for BTCz. Is this common for a coin which has recently been added? Can this be fixed if so how long?
It has nothing to do with the coin being added; there's something wrong with C-Cex's API. The current suspicion is that they modified their interface so that the existing JSON objects are not the same as the ones they provided in 2014, when we wrote the code for that exchange. All markets in C-Cex seem to be in error.

I need to spend the morning resolving support tickets, but I plan to investigate this C-Cex problem this afternoon and hopefully the problem will be easy to resolve.
zafar177

Post by zafar177 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:25 am

Thanks for the explanation (sort of understand it, I think). Nice to know you'll follow up on this some time.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:19 am

zafar177 wrote:Thanks for the explanation (sort of understand it, I think). Nice to know you'll follow up on this some time.
Unfortunately, after looking at this, it looks like CCex removed their "withdraw" function. Even if I fix the current problem, the removal of that function means that we need to remove the exchange, since we can't work with an exchange that doesn't provide support for automated withdrawals.

They never reply to support tickets, so it's probably not even worth submitting one. This is the same exchange that decided to take a month-long vacation and illegally hold balances during that time, so I'll talk with Chris about just discontinuing them.
zafar177

Post by zafar177 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:05 pm

How about using the tradesatoshi exchange?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:51 pm

zafar177 wrote:How about using the tradesatoshi exchange?
We got C-Cex working again. Apparently, because of the lack of manpower, it had been disabled for a month, decreasing profits, and we never noticed it.

Tradesatoshi is one of the exchanges that we were going to investigate once we have more manpower. Our trader developer is going to start on April 9, and he's going to be working on coins and exchanges for the first few months, so we hope that in May we'll be able to offer more coins and get better exchange prices.