Status as of Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:06 am

Good morning! A few things today:
  • We're still not ready to go with Equihash mining. There's a problem with validating solutions, which is caused by the block hash being wrong in very limited circumstances. Because hashes are just completely wrong, even if one byte is off, this is going to be a challenging task to figure out. It's made more difficult by only about 1 in 50 shares having the issue. I'll continue the investigation, and when it's fixed, we will be able to go with Equihash mining.
  • Comcast contacted Chris and said that they will have the enterprise connection available in a month. That's unacceptable to us. The contract we signed clearly states that activation would occur in 60-90 days, and it was signed on December 28. April 7 is 100 days from December 28. Chris is going to call them and inform them that he considers that such a delay would be a breach of contract, and if they are not going to be able to adhere to the contract, then the contract is void and we will be looking into relocating the servers.
  • I've now promoted the ripple REST interface job to be a global announcement. I'm surprised that 503 people read that and there hasn't been one résume, because the task is so trivial. If we can't get someone to do that task, then my previous opinion about the industry being held back by the job market was vastly understated. I don't understand why people are going to college for other majors when there is so much opportunity in computer science that entire industries are being held back not by demand, but by being unable to hire employees at any cost to satisfy the demand.
  • The number of tickets stands at 38, and most of them are extremely complex tickets that require significant investigation. We ask for your patience during this last week before taxes are due. Chris expects support to continue to fall further behind because of the complexity of the taxes. While many companies would hire an accountant to do taxes, Chris decided not to because all the accountants asked him for a long list of figures and refused to query the database to calculate them. Why should he deal with the overhead of an accountant who is going to enter figures on forms, and who then spends the day on the phone with Chris asking him to write queries? Entering the data on the forms is 10% of the work, and we're not going to pay an accountant tens of thousands of dollars who isn't able to write SQL queries.
spauk

Re: Status as of Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Post by spauk » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:11 pm

so is equihash running properly now? i know most equihash miner software has some kind of developer fee system built in, maybe that's a cause of some problems since you mentioned the 1 in 50 shares thing. not sure how that works exactly if it gets work from another pool or just sends results of whatever it's working on.
vaultminer

Re: Status as of Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Post by vaultminer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:39 am

Steve,

Have you posted a job on UpWork? That is where I find all of my developers for jobs like this. I have one guy I will send your way as well.