Status as of Monday, March 5, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Monday, March 5, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:09 am

Here's a few quick notes for today:
  • Additional changes made recently seem to have increased profit by another 2%. I analyzed the data and saw that profit (compared to litecoin) has risen by 14% in the past 40 days. There is still more available on this front, and I wouldn't be surprised if there is 20% more that can be obtained as soon as we are able to resolve the manpower shortage, the connectivity issues, and other situations. If you'd like to help, please find candidates to work on the one-off jobs we have posted in the "News" forum. There is plenty of money to greatly accelerate new coins and exchanges if we can identify candidates, but the economy is unfortunately in a vastly different state than it was when we started in 2013. Back then, it was possible to find talented developers; today, it doesn't seem that developers want to work for any amount of money.
  • I'm going to be enabling equihash mining later today. Last night's release was successful and the fixed code is out. Bitcoin Gold is not included because there is a bug in the Bitcoin Gold client and it needs to be recompiled before further testing.
CSZiggy

Re: Status as of Monday, March 5, 2018

Post by CSZiggy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:28 pm

"I analyzed the data and saw that profit (compared to litecoin) has risen by 14% in the past 40 days. "

Comparing vs. litecoin on the same pool right? not vs. LitecoinPool's profits?
Because the profits on Litecoinpool have always been higher anytime I have tested in the past 70 days.
So if Prohashing's profits have risen by 14% then litecoinpool's must have risen by 20% because they are still a noticable bit ahead.

I would think when the difficulty increases every 3rd day that litecoinpool would pay out less until the network corrects for the increase, but it just pays out a bit less than normal, which is still more than prohashing pays out on those days when the difficulty on the network increases.
Again, I am really hoping the new internet connection when it gets up and running helps to close the gap or makes it profitable for me to mine here. My fear is it makes it more profitable, everyone bounces over to here for a week, and the overcrowding kills whatever profits were gained from the connection upgrade.

Guess we will see.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:23 pm

CSZiggy wrote:"I analyzed the data and saw that profit (compared to litecoin) has risen by 14% in the past 40 days. "

Comparing vs. litecoin on the same pool right? not vs. LitecoinPool's profits?
Because the profits on Litecoinpool have always been higher anytime I have tested in the past 70 days.
So if Prohashing's profits have risen by 14% then litecoinpool's must have risen by 20% because they are still a noticable bit ahead.

I would think when the difficulty increases every 3rd day that litecoinpool would pay out less until the network corrects for the increase, but it just pays out a bit less than normal, which is still more than prohashing pays out on those days when the difficulty on the network increases.
Again, I am really hoping the new internet connection when it gets up and running helps to close the gap or makes it profitable for me to mine here. My fear is it makes it more profitable, everyone bounces over to here for a week, and the overcrowding kills whatever profits were gained from the connection upgrade.

Guess we will see.
Sheesh - I would have thought that a 14% increase was good news!

But seriously, I think that the biggest increase will come when the next developer starts and focuses his attention on the issue. I could be wrong about that, of course. Network connectivity is going to make a difference because the lower ping times will push orphan rates down; I estimate getting 2% out of that alone. The lower ping times will result from not having to go back and forth to the Javapipe servers in Chicago.

The third change that will improve profits is the addition of new coins and exchanges. That's just a case of being able to hire people to do that, as stated above.
jinxorbit

Post by jinxorbit » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:10 am

Sha256 mining. Hi, Steve, is sha256 mining online and can we connect using the usual url?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:12 am

jinxorbit wrote:Sha256 mining. Hi, Steve, is sha256 mining online and can we connect using the usual url?
No. We're focusing on getting equihash mining working first. SHA-256 mining will be available closer to the time that we get the better Internet connection.
vaultminer

Post by vaultminer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:12 pm

keep up the good work! I am particularly excited about the new internet connection and SHA256!
MitchellMint

Post by MitchellMint » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:30 pm

No mention of Mining a LTC block?
TrustPlus Dev
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:26 am

MitchellMint wrote:No mention of Mining a LTC block?
I'm not sure what you're referring to. We mine many LTC blocks every day. Am I missing something?
MitchellMint

Post by MitchellMint » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:21 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
MitchellMint wrote:No mention of Mining a LTC block?
I'm not sure what you're referring to. We mine many LTC blocks every day. Am I missing something?
Its my first. -sorry.
TrustPlus Dev