Status as of Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:42 am

Good morning!
  • We had some good news - the Comcast contractor is going to be burying the cables tomorrow. That still means that it will probably take Comcast weeks after that to actually turn on the service, but at least the cables will be in the ground for the new connection.
  • We figured out the problem with the equihash profitability and are fixing up a few last website fixes. I anticipate that we'll be able to move forward with the release tomorrow or Thursday, now that that issue has been resolved, depending on the number of support tickets Chris receives.
  • Speaking of support tickets, we've been receiving a lot of tickets recently that get closed because they do not have enough information to resolve the issue. For example, we've heard about some people saying that there are "invalid QR codes" when they attempt to enable two-factor authentication, but in three separate instances the request for what type of device they were using went unanswered. From now on, we will be becoming more aggressive in closing tickets where we don't receive a response with necessary information, and will not be investigating issues where we don't receive requested information. In the past, we've investigated these issues but find ourselves unable to reproduce them - and then once someone provides the missing information, we are able to fix the issue immediately. To provide the best service to customers, it makes sense for us to focus on issues that we can resolve the most quickly, so we get more issues resolved.
DHM

Re: Status as of Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Post by DHM » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:20 am

Dear Steve,
I encountered an invalid QR code using the suggested application for iphone Authy
I opened a service ticket today so I'll give you guys some time to respond.
Thank you
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:29 am

DHM wrote:Dear Steve,
I encountered an invalid QR code using the suggested application for iphone Authy
I opened a service ticket today so I'll give you guys some time to respond.
Thank you
This is a known issue and has been reported five times; yet, no customer has yet replied with the type of device they are using, and therefore we have not investigated it.

Are you able to provide what device you are using for two factor authentication?
DHM

Post by DHM » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:16 am

Iphone X
DHM

Post by DHM » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:53 am

the application does offer to "enter key manually" so if prohashing has the code I can input manually that could be a quick fix
cheers,
Eli
DHM

Post by DHM » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:01 am

ok, I figured it out. maybe I can help for future users who might encounter the same issue.
The Authy app will not scan the barcode from the screen. I used another application called QR reader available from the apple store. I scanned the QR code and it gave me the "secret" code. I input the code on Authy and that created the prohashing account on Authy. Then, I used the code provided by authy to activate two factor authentication under prohashing "account setting". Problem solved!

I hope my response is helpful to others,
can't wait to receive my L3+ miners in few days,
best
wishes,
Eli
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:14 pm

DHM wrote:ok, I figured it out. maybe I can help for future users who might encounter the same issue.
The Authy app will not scan the barcode from the screen. I used another application called QR reader available from the apple store. I scanned the QR code and it gave me the "secret" code. I input the code on Authy and that created the prohashing account on Authy. Then, I used the code provided by authy to activate two factor authentication under prohashing "account setting". Problem solved!

I hope my response is helpful to others,
can't wait to receive my L3+ miners in few days,
best
wishes,
Eli
Thanks for this tip.

What device are you using?