Status as of Friday, February 23, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
travelinmusic

Re: Status as of Friday, February 23, 2018

Post by travelinmusic » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:38 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Are you running more miners here, or are you running the same number of miners but they display a lower hashrate?

This is an important difference. We know that the same miner that is mining at two different pools will display different hashrates because of how coins are switched. We account for that in deciding how to assign people to coins, and only reassign when the gains will exceed the switching losses.
I think Manu's even split results is probably accurate. I have 6 miners here far more at litecoinpool so it is not a mirror image. Their servers almost never go down and they email you when a miner drops, which is great! They are so reliable that it is never their servers and almost always a failed PSU. The Innosilicon PSU's are garbage btw.

And I have some at zpool. I was looking at the poolpicker.eu and it looks like nicehash is skimming now to pay back their debt. Just a guess.

But my real question and possible help/solution is that zpool uses "extranonce"
scrypt.mine.zpool.ca:3433#xnsub

#xnsub is the extranonce activation and is supposed to help profits.
They even provide a green checkmark for ** extranonce.subscribe in the wallet section.

Here is a thread on it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1040859.0

Let us know if that is something can be enabled at PH?

Ohh and thanks for the free coins for network meltdown. Next time please just credit one top grossing coin instead of spreading it to many. I had added some wallets that may never add up to enough for a payout because I wasn't sure how merge mining works.

When solo mining, do quotes around the arguments enable merge mining? I am still not sure how that works.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:43 am

travelinmusic wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:Are you running more miners here, or are you running the same number of miners but they display a lower hashrate?

This is an important difference. We know that the same miner that is mining at two different pools will display different hashrates because of how coins are switched. We account for that in deciding how to assign people to coins, and only reassign when the gains will exceed the switching losses.
I think Manu's even split results is probably accurate. I have 6 miners here far more at litecoinpool so it is not a mirror image. Their servers almost never go down and they email you when a miner drops, which is great! They are so reliable that it is never their servers and almost always a failed PSU. The Innosilicon PSU's are garbage btw.

And I have some at zpool. I was looking at the poolpicker.eu and it looks like nicehash is skimming now to pay back their debt. Just a guess.

But my real question and possible help/solution is that zpool uses "extranonce"
scrypt.mine.zpool.ca:3433#xnsub

#xnsub is the extranonce activation and is supposed to help profits.
They even provide a green checkmark for ** extranonce.subscribe in the wallet section.

Here is a thread on it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1040859.0

Let us know if that is something can be enabled at PH?

Ohh and thanks for the free coins for network meltdown. Next time please just credit one top grossing coin instead of spreading it to many. I had added some wallets that may never add up to enough for a payout because I wasn't sure how merge mining works.

When solo mining, do quotes around the arguments enable merge mining? I am still not sure how that works.
As part of the 2% improvement, I disabled the "g=" argument and now it defaults to "off." Merge mining used to be very profitable, but now it is not, and there are almost no cases where it is worth using "g=on" because the restarts cause more losses than merge mining causes gains. If this improvement continues, we will delete "g=" entirely for simplicity.

The extranonce.subscribe feature is not useful when you have your own miners. We have it implemented, but it won't help you. There is a similar feature, set_extranonce, that is also implemented but doesn't do anything. These features are made for cloud mining services and allow them to pass work through their own servers to other pools. Since you're directly connecting to a pool, you can ignore that feature.

Unfortunately, we're aware of the Internet connectivity issues. There's not much I can say except that Chris is going to call Comcast and offer them $10,000 if they can get that connection installed within 3 days, and $3,000 if they can do it within a week. We'll see if they're a big bureaucracy, but I suspect that when dollar signs flash before their eyes, things can miraculously speed up.
travelinmusic

Post by travelinmusic » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:29 pm

Well hopefully you can get your miner's profits up a little higher than the competition when Comcast finally shows up.