Status as of Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:05 am

Good morning!
  • We're pleased to announce that we have filled the position for a trading engine developer! While we aren't able to announce his name until after he resigns, he will be starting in April. That means that customers can expect to see a lot of new exchanges and coins being added as early as May!
  • Speaking of coins, Chris has been adding SHA-256 and equihash coins in preparation for the rollout of mining of those algorithms. As many as 10 new SHA-256 coins are becoming available for payout every day as this process continues. Feel free to check these out and add these for payout if you would like.
  • The issue with the worker count being incorrect revealed a number of misconfigured miners that were constantly reconnecting to the mining server after their password arguments were invalid. Some of these miners reconnected over 100,000 times per day. The issue does not affect the mining server because the miners simply fail to authenticate, but these miners often trigger the ban code and if you can't connect, you might want to check your logs to see whether you mistyped something and your mining software is faulty and reconnects repeatedly.
  • Constance will be rolling out her new polling feature over the coming days. Our first polls will ask customers which features they feel are the highest priority.
GregoryGHarding

Re: Status as of Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Post by GregoryGHarding » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:27 pm

correct me if im wrong but wasnt the second of the two new algos supposed to be for ethereum? equihash isnt eth's algo, ethash is. im probably just being dumb and misread ethereum from the beginning..
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:47 pm

GregoryGHarding wrote:correct me if im wrong but wasnt the second of the two new algos supposed to be for ethereum? equihash isnt eth's algo, ethash is. im probably just being dumb and misread ethereum from the beginning..
Yep, it was, but Ethereum is completely different from the other algorithms because of the concept of "uncle blocks" and the way its mining protocol is implemented.

ZEC only took two weeks to get in. The other reason we chose ZEC is because the open source code on the Internet is buggy or has security vulnerabilities, and because of what I found any pool that is running the open source software will be making less profit than we are even before the other things we do differently.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:54 am

thanks for the clarification, i dont recall reading a post explaining the switch from eth to zec so that explains my confusion.