Status as of Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:20 am

Good morning!
  • We were finally able to get a corporate account with Bitflyer, so we're closing all our Coinbase accounts, except the one that will solely be used to pay customers. Good riddance to Coinbase and their customer support - we won't be back.
  • We discovered another coin, Linxcoin, which was returning success on block submissions regardless of whether the submission was successful or not. In accordance with our policy in regards to coins with this bug that we announced back in December, the coin has been disabled for mining, will be discontinued, and will never be eligible for re-addition even if the bug is fixed. This is the fifth coin with this issue, so developers are obviously forking from buggy code in some upstream coin and not testing their networks. Now that this coin is gone, we expect that profitability will rise by 3% or more in the coming days.
  • While we had expected to begin the addition of SHA-256 daemons this week, we decided instead to focus on resolving yet more issues. It still surprises me how, despite not having added any significant new features since last April, all available time is still being spent resolving issues. Over the next week, we will be working on making the automated fork detection disable coins that have forked until the following weekend, when Chris can update them.
  • Constance is working on a new feature to reduce support tickets. When a coin fails payouts due to an exception, the "live coin balances" will display a red border notifying the user that the coin is not currently issuing payouts, that Chris is aware of the problem, and that no action from the customer is necessary. Since almost all support tickets regarding payouts are already known issues, the goal of this change is to reduce the time required to resolve the payout issues by redirecting Chris's time from responding to the tickets to working on the issues behind the tickets.
  • Unfortunately, despite promising a response within two days, it's now been five days since Comcast said the contractor was supposed to schedule an installation time. The delays in getting that connection installed continue.
  • I was thinking about proposing a simple forum rules change where customers who post messages saying that a payout didn't go out will be sent a private message directing them to the support ticketing system, and then their post will be deleted. As mentioned above, payout problems are almost always already identified by Chris, and they are almost always specific to a very limited number of people. While we appreciate customers' feedback, payout posts are often posted to unrelated topics. Comments on this proposed change?
  • AppleMiner suggested that we mine Siacoin, but I don't think that it follows the standard bitcoin API. ZEC could be added immediately, however, because its blocks are worth less than bitcoin, and therefore we don't need perfect connectivity and no bugs to mine it.
nemesis-t-warlock

Re: Status as of Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Post by nemesis-t-warlock » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:43 pm

If you can do Siacoin there will be quite a few miners keen to be able to mine that and get paid in other coins.
meinerkey

Post by meinerkey » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:10 pm

Yes, the A3's are hitting american shores mostly tomorrow and forward. mine included.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:40 pm

I looked into this and I don't think Siacoin is feasible, because it has a different API.

However, ZEC is, so I think we can focus on that algorithm first. We're downloading the ZEC testnet right now.
nemesis-t-warlock

Post by nemesis-t-warlock » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Consider me to be the development version of Jon Snow 'I know nothing', however there is a huge profit potential on the A3 miners right now until difficulty levels jump up to bring SC more in line with the power. So my question is, does the different API make this impossible or just harder? What is the profit potential of ZEC compared to the profit potential of SC balanced against the additional work required to handle it.

I never saw you mention ZEC before but have seen mention of ETH so why suddenly ZEC before anything else?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:54 pm

nemesis-t-warlock wrote:Consider me to be the development version of Jon Snow 'I know nothing', however there is a huge profit potential on the A3 miners right now until difficulty levels jump up to bring SC more in line with the power. So my question is, does the different API make this impossible or just harder? What is the profit potential of ZEC compared to the profit potential of SC balanced against the additional work required to handle it.

I never saw you mention ZEC before but have seen mention of ETH so why suddenly ZEC before anything else?
It seems to be the right balance between how easy it is to implement, the market size, and the required reserve. SHA-256 can't be done now because of the huge reserve requirements for bitcoins. ETH and SIA can't be done because we haven't yet been able to hire someone to take care of the other things so that I can work on those complex tasks. ZEC, however, uses the bitcoin API, and its blocks are only worth $7000, so it can be implemented most quickly of them all.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:27 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: AppleMiner suggested that we mine Siacoin, but I don't think that it follows the standard bitcoin API.
I don't understand. by "we mine siacoin" do you mean you, the owners, privately mine siacoin?

Or do you mean add it as an optional coin to mine for us users?

Because if it's the latter, i don't understand the purprose for this, at least being what prohashing seems to be about.

Siacoin is the only coin that is on Blake2B Algorithm. It's not Scrypt, x11 or SHA256, it's Blake2B.

Since it's the only coin on Blake2B, what would be the point in adding Blake2B to mine siacoin on prohashing, when prohashing is a multi-pool, pool?

Now, that being said if more coins are developed on Blake2B, then it starts to make sense ofcourse, but that's not currently the situation so i'm just trying to figure out the reasoning for AppleMiner to request it or Prohashing to consider it?

Or are you guys looking into making pools for algorithms with only one coin on then, essentially meaning, are you looking at also doing single-coin pools?
Eyedol-X

Post by Eyedol-X » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:01 am

Would love to see the addition of SIA, I think I suggested that like over a year ago lol
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:25 am

Appleminer suggested mining Siacoin.

Even if it's the only coin in that algorithm, there is still profit to be made for everyone. While increasing profitability due to multiple coins is a selling point of ours, we've found that being able to be paid in any coin also brings in customers. There are undoubtedly many customers who currently mine SIA but don't want it. There is a PPS SIA pool that charges 3%, and given that it's expensive to pay network transaction fees yourself and time is worth something, many people will probably switch to us and pay 2% more because they won't have to deal with going to an exchange.
bsock

Post by bsock » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:11 am

SIA SIA SIA SIA SIA!!!!!