Status as of Friday, December 29, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Friday, December 29, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:20 am

Good morning!
  • A lot of support tickets came in, this time with different "live worker status" issues. I'm going to spend one more day trying to resolve the problems, and if I'm not successful one more time, we'll pull the feature until we can get back to it later in January.
  • I resolved the issues with the "1 MH/s expected payouts" chart. It turns out that no modifications were needed to the formula, as I had thought would be. Instead, the issue was that we were using the litecoin data from yesterday and multiplying it by the prices from today. Since we are on the downside of a bubble now, every day's profitability for the past few weeks has been too low because incorrect pricing data was used. I corrected it starting yesterday, and you can now see that the chart shows that we were equal to LTC. Since there was downtime yesterday for the "live worker status" upgrades, and the downtime is included in the calculation, that means that the payout rate was higher than LTC, as should be expected.
CDeck

Re: Status as of Friday, December 29, 2017

Post by CDeck » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:21 am

Good afternoon ;)

I see it was a "live worker status" issue now because the miner efficiency was working good.

Thank you for adressing this

Kind Regards
Greatings from Amsterdam
Last edited by CDeck on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
treberto

Post by treberto » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:26 am

This has cost prohashing quite a lot of money i think, i pulled 17 asics off and moved them to nicehash because i wasnt sure if I was earning the correct amount. I'm moving them back though now !
treberto

Post by treberto » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:27 am

PS after the nicehash hack I am sticking with prohashing all the way. I do not trust nicehash anymore unless they refund me my bitcoin owed.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:23 am

I discovered a potential problem with the "live worker status" display. It seems that some miners reauthorize themselves, resulting in duplicate records that cause problems. I made a modification to delete the duplicate records and replace them with the most recent authorization, and we'll see how that works later today when it is released.
coldlexm

Post by coldlexm » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:22 pm

current L3+ scrypt earnings info.

50 hours ago I've moved one of my 504Mh L3+ to litecoinpool.org. And my earning are:
PH: 0.12864063
litecoinpool.org: 0.150640062
about 15%. Hmm...
Yes, both are located in different locations(different ISP, temperature, etc).

I'd left PH mid of November. Came back to test current PH performance. I've expected something similar to whattomine or even better.
Any ideas?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:55 pm

coldlexm wrote:current L3+ scrypt earnings info.

50 hours ago I've moved one of my 504Mh L3+ to litecoinpool.org. And my earning are:
about 15%. Hmm...

I'd left PH mid of November. Came back to test current PH performance. I've expected something similar to whattomine or even better.
Any ideas?
That seems unusual. After I corrected the error in pricing, you can see that yesterday's profits should have been exactly equal to LTC. It's possible that your miners don't perform well with frequent work restarts, but some customers have also had a better experience by setting manual difficulty with L3s.

AppleMiner can probably help you better than I can with finding out the best settings for your particular miners.
bmhamlet

Post by bmhamlet » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:58 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:

about 15%. Hmm...

Any ideas?
That seems unusual. After I corrected the error in pricing, you can see that yesterday's profits should have been exactly equal to LTC. It's possible that your miners don't perform well with frequent work restarts, but some customers have also had a better experience by setting manual difficulty with L3s.

AppleMiner can probably help you better than I can with finding out the best settings for your particular miners.
I could also use the help then since I have not gotten better than 0.09
Jamin

Post by Jamin » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:55 am

Id love some help on password rules of difficulty, restarts or what not if there is benefit to be had.
coldlexm

Post by coldlexm » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:22 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:

about 15%. Hmm...

Any ideas?

OK. Thank you!.
First I'll try to switch both miners between PH and litecoinpool and check earnings.