Status as of Thursday, December 28, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Status as of Thursday, December 28, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:06 pm

AppleMiner wrote:They say 100% would be PPS in an IDEAL(one where orphans do not exist) world.
And they are offering 101%.....they keep the merged mining and payout OVER what IDEAL(a world in which no orphans exist)

They seem to acknowledge that a SOLO miner will always achieve less, but I cannot find where they acknowledge the line isnt reachable by those on the pool in PPS mode.
It sounds to me that they are taking about 5%, which is standard for PPS pools. The expected orphan rate with zero latency is around 2.5%, so with latency they probably get 3% orphans, and then they gain 3% or even more with merge mining. It sounds better than saying outright what the percentage fee is.
rulovico

Post by rulovico » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:13 pm

What you talking about?, the point is that in litecoinpool.org is giving 1% more that that IDEAL(one where orphans do not exist) payout, so every day that the multipool earnings are lower that the LTC payouts in 1 MH/s expected payouts main page chart, pople mining in PH are actully earning less than in litecoinpool.org ,
And this has been been for long time,

Changing that chart wiill deceive people

Are you AppleMiner still mining here? woud you recommed other peole to mine here?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:45 pm

rulovico wrote:What you talking about?, the point is that in litecoinpool.org is giving 1% more that that IDEAL(one where orphans do not exist) payout, so every day that the multipool earnings are lower that the LTC payouts in 1 MH/s expected payouts main page chart, pople mining in PH are actully earning less than in litecoinpool.org ,
And this has been been for long time,

Changing that chart wiill deceive people

Are you AppleMiner still mining here? woud you recommed other peole to mine here?
Changing the chart won't deceive people. It's just a different chart. The "LTC" number is not actually attainable, because it is impossible to get orphan rates that are that low, even if there is no fee for the pool. We're going to reduce it by 3% to account for the number of orphans a normal person would get while solo mining.

When the changes are made, the "LTC" line will represent what you would expect to earn if you connected to a pool with no fee, and mined LTC while also merge mining all available scrypt merge mining coins. That will then show a comparison of using profit-switching over straight LTC. The line is not intended to be comparable to what litecoinpool.org is showing because what they base their payouts on isn't meaningful. It doesn't make sense to mine LTC without merge mining, and it's not possible to get zero orphans.

In regards to the profit issues, we're aware that there are times, such as recently when a coin has yet to replace Bitconnectcoin, when we will be less profitable than mining straight LTC. There are also days, like two days ago, when enough profit was earned to offset 20 other days. That's generally the way it goes with switching coins.
cashflowminer

Post by cashflowminer » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:16 pm

Hey Steve,

I know you're extremely busy and really appreciate your time to answer questions from your users, so when you have a free minute I have a couple questions from our investors regarding the L3+ & S9 Profitability:

1.) Since our single L3+ miner machine is generating on average (since Dec 5th) $20/day, if we were to have our investors purchase total of 500 L3+ miner machines added to our account on Pro Hash mining pool (set at the manufacturer’s stock clock rate), would that increase our daily revenue profitability as we would have a high hash-rate connected to our account?

2.) ….in other words, does having more L3+ mining resources increase our profitability versus having a single L3+ mining machine?

3.) And does this same theory also apply to S9 mining machines?

Thank you so much for your time in advance to the answer to our questions as we plan to act fast with this venture and hope to create a long-term business relationship as we continue to gain more investors and add more mining machines to your platform.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:45 pm

cashflowminer wrote:Hey Steve,

I know you're extremely busy and really appreciate your time to answer questions from your users, so when you have a free minute I have a couple questions from our investors regarding the L3+ & S9 Profitability:

1.) Since our single L3+ miner machine is generating on average (since Dec 5th) $20/day, if we were to have our investors purchase total of 500 L3+ miner machines added to our account on Pro Hash mining pool (set at the manufacturer’s stock clock rate), would that increase our daily revenue profitability as we would have a high hash-rate connected to our account?

2.) ….in other words, does having more L3+ mining resources increase our profitability versus having a single L3+ mining machine?

3.) And does this same theory also apply to S9 mining machines?

Thank you so much for your time in advance to the answer to our questions as we plan to act fast with this venture and hope to create a long-term business relationship as we continue to gain more investors and add more mining machines to your platform.
No, it scales linearly. if you have 500 more machines, you earn 500 more times than you would with 1 machines.
You do not get any kind of bonus for having a large amount of hashrate on a single account.

There is no SHA-256, so the S9 machines currently will NOT work here until that is implemented sometime down the road.
And Yes that would be linear also. No bonus for having 1, or 10 or 500...its just how many you have X profit for standard.
Luckyluckyminer

Post by Luckyluckyminer » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:35 pm

Hey all,
Profitability. I read a recent post asking for payout info earlier than the dates visible on the site chart. I mine with an L3+. After doing a bit of research I found posted evidence of miners using one L3+ achieving payouts of $55/day merge-mining with Prohashing in August 2017. And again evidence of one L3+ achieving payouts of $17/day merge-mining with Prohashing at the end of November 2017. This corresponds to what I am achieving now (28 December 2017). What I see is that regardless of the market's recent upheaval the payout is actually going down probably due to all the new miners coming on line, difficulty getting bigger, etc. Is it safe to assume this will continue? If so can we foresee payouts of $6/day per L3+ four months from now? Please share your thoughts on the matter.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:44 pm

Yes it will likely continue to be less and less coins paying out, but the value of those coins should increase or there will be less incentive for miners to continue to mine.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:03 pm

Luckyluckyminer wrote:Hey all,
Profitability. I read a recent post asking for payout info earlier than the dates visible on the site chart. I mine with an L3+. After doing a bit of research I found posted evidence of miners using one L3+ achieving payouts of $55/day merge-mining with Prohashing in August 2017. And again evidence of one L3+ achieving payouts of $17/day merge-mining with Prohashing at the end of November 2017. This corresponds to what I am achieving now (28 December 2017). What I see is that regardless of the market's recent upheaval the payout is actually going down probably due to all the new miners coming on line, difficulty getting bigger, etc. Is it safe to assume this will continue? If so can we foresee payouts of $6/day per L3+ four months from now? Please share your thoughts on the matter.
Before this bubble began, the historical mining profitability for scrypt was around 2 cents, and now it's 3.5. Therefore, even if things were only to return to historic profitability, it would be expected that profitability will go down to 60% of what it is now.

However, the new miners produce 10 times more hashrate for the same energy, so it's more likely that the breakeven point will be 0.2 cents. When this current downturn reaches the bottom and the mining market finally has a chance to equalize, I'd say that is a more realistic estimate. In 2014, it took about one year for the bottom to be reached, so that would imply that an L3 will earn about $1/day in January of 2019.
Luckyluckyminer

Post by Luckyluckyminer » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:26 pm

Hey Steve, Thanks for your thoughts. What's the limit? Won't the rise in difficulty/number of miners outpace, at some point, the hashing technologies necessary to be profitable? What I see in the wake of this race is an enormous amount of depreciated machines. Perhaps they can be put to some other use...
Dave

Post by Dave » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:36 pm

Since the release, my miner status has disappeared (ie showing no active miners despite earning $$). It was working fine before this release.is there something I need to do on my end to fix this?

Thx