Status as of Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:59 pm

Good afternoon!
  • We restarted the servers this afternoon to apply some changes in an attempt to reproduce and fix issues with "live worker status," but failed and reverted. We'll try again tomorrow.
  • There was a litecoin payout issue this morning that saw invalid transactions inserted, which caused some users' balances to be reduced erroneously. I deleted the rows and fixed the problem. The cause of the problem was that, although I had fixed the deadlocks in inserting the payouts, I hadn't considered that a deadlock might occur while reverting payouts that needed to be reverted due to a deadlock in inserting them initially, and that's what happened here.
Foxx

Re: Status as of Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Post by Foxx » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:01 pm

can we schedule a time to restart the servers?
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:20 pm

Anytime they need to be restarted.
bpvarsity12

Post by bpvarsity12 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:13 pm

AppleMiner wrote:Anytime they need to be restarted.
Exactly my thought! You can't find a time that will be perfect for every single person. Restart whenever you need guys.
Foxx

Post by Foxx » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:34 pm

when server restarts throw off your miners, it is a problem. not asking for a time that suits me, just a scheduled time so i am aware and can make arrangements. i can't begin to count the number of times the servers have been restarted in the last two weeks alone. from all appearances there is no rhyme nor reason to the maintenance. perhaps a more thorough code proof should be done?
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:21 pm

Or a better way to monitor your miners, or a better recovery method for your setup?

Funny how the servers have been reset 3 or 4 times in the past week, I havent had to touch a single thing on my setup and yet all my machines still re-connect and mine here without interactions from me.

What kinda of miner system setup are you running that a server restart means you need a reboot in order to reconnect to the pool?
Maybe if we can help you fix your issue this wont be a problem for you anymore?
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:13 am

Foxx wrote:when server restarts throw off your miners, it is a problem. not asking for a time that suits me, just a scheduled time so i am aware and can make arrangements. i can't begin to count the number of times the servers have been restarted in the last two weeks alone. from all appearances there is no rhyme nor reason to the maintenance. perhaps a more thorough code proof should be done?
How would any of this be beneficial?

Do you not have backups or something? The only reason to complain about this is if you don't have backup pools to go to automatically when one is down. So i have to believe you don't have backup pools. If you do, then there is no problem.

I guess the only other way this could be an issue is if there are miners out there that don't have the ability to put in a backup pool? Is this a thing?

My system has been up for 22 days now without issue, and i haven't had to touch it once. The only reason i have connected to it in those 22 days is simply to make sure there's no massive amount of errors or a rise in heat that is unexpected.
spauk

Post by spauk » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:58 pm

Is the live worker status somehow related to the restarts? Like the status was stored, but upon server restart that information was lost because it was in volatile memory. I'm seeing no miners are connected in live worker status, but I know both workers are doing fine. I might try restarting them to get them to show up again. Account activity looks wrong, shows no earnings for yesterday but there was a payout, makes it had to keep track of what I actually earned. Anyways, small issues and everything seems to be working fine on the backend.
edit: i noticed one other problem while no workers were showing up, not sure if it's related, but there was a found block that never showed up at all in found blocks on the earnings page or anywhere else on the site, orphaned or not.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:27 pm

spauk wrote:Is the live worker status somehow related to the restarts? Like the status was stored, but upon server restart that information was lost because it was in volatile memory. I'm seeing no miners are connected in live worker status, but I know both workers are doing fine. I might try restarting them to get them to show up again. Account activity looks wrong, shows no earnings for yesterday but there was a payout, makes it had to keep track of what I actually earned. Anyways, small issues and everything seems to be working fine on the backend.
edit: i noticed one other problem while no workers were showing up, not sure if it's related, but there was a found block that never showed up at all in found blocks on the earnings page or anywhere else on the site, orphaned or not.
I think you might have some sort of connectivity problem. If you're not seeing any workers at all, and no found blocks at all, that would indicate you might be firewalled. The other reports of issues involved a few workers not showing up, which I was able to reproduce and resolve.
spauk

Post by spauk » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:04 am

I turned off any firewall, and it seems better now.