Website Wishlist

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Eyedol-X

Re: Website Wishlist

Post by Eyedol-X » Thu May 10, 2018 7:31 am

Compressed List view for live worker status.

It's a pain flipping through multiple pages when you are trying to find "which rig is down"
bitwinter

Post by bitwinter » Wed May 23, 2018 8:20 am

Efficiency by miner- maybe a highlight around the miners that are least efficient-

Nice to have - a setting that we can set thresholds for the efficiency alert/highlight - say miners less than 97% efficient

Sure we can look at our rigs- hardware errors/ rejects/abandoned etc but when you have over a dozen rigs it gets tedious - something like this could help us troubleshoot our rigs/miners quickly and efficiently-
Lestat9

Re: Website Wishlist - The Exchange

Post by Lestat9 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:15 pm

Make it so people on the site can sit in a chat room and then allow them to trade coins based on there onsite coin amounts.
So the payout is unaffected and it could also be you can trade with addresses...
The reason for this is relative to the fact:
A miner can mine the most coins as solo and the coins they can solo are relative to coin difficulty.
A miner can get 10,000 firefly mining solo, a day. So they could trade those for others coin onsite.
A miner that cant solo mine firefly solo because its sha-256, may be able to solo mine something in scrypt.
The exchange would happen onsite because payouts in said chatroom.
The system for the exchange of onsite coins is the main thing so start with bitcoin and see if 2 people onsite can exchange some bitcoin in the "exchange system" relative to onsite coin amounts.

Thats the exchange
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Website Wishlist - The Exchange

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:09 pm

Lestat9 wrote:Make it so people on the site can sit in a chat room and then allow them to trade coins based on there onsite coin amounts.
So the payout is unaffected and it could also be you can trade with addresses...
The reason for this is relative to the fact:
A miner can mine the most coins as solo and the coins they can solo are relative to coin difficulty.
A miner can get 10,000 firefly mining solo, a day. So they could trade those for others coin onsite.
A miner that cant solo mine firefly solo because its sha-256, may be able to solo mine something in scrypt.
The exchange would happen onsite because payouts in said chatroom.
The system for the exchange of onsite coins is the main thing so start with bitcoin and see if 2 people onsite can exchange some bitcoin in the "exchange system" relative to onsite coin amounts.

Thats the exchange
This is a great idea, and I would love to implement this. In fact, we have the ability already to accept deposits of coins and automatically exchange them using the highest priced exchange to the target coin, which goes a step further.

Unfortunately, however, accepting deposits for that reason would cause us to become a money transmitter. Money transmission licenses cost about $3m. I suspect that we could probably only earn $1-2m through this exchanging, so therefore the cost of the licenses makes this service a non-viable business.
BogBeast

Website Wishlist - Different fiat display options

Post by BogBeast » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:11 am

Could we get a choice on fiat currency to display in? I realise that $ is the defacto for most but I would like the option of £/€
ajs

Post by ajs » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:34 pm

A nice touch would be YEAR TO DATE statistics. Helpful for tax planning, and overall how the year is going.
RCMco

Post by RCMco » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:45 pm

I think a addition to the stats area that shows a list of the top miners for each algorithm would be nice. Sort of a hashing power ranking so miners can see how they compare to other miners.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:17 pm

ajs wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:34 pm A nice touch would be YEAR TO DATE statistics. Helpful for tax planning, and overall how the year is going.
Thanks for the suggestion! This idea was added in a "YTD earned" box.
Banished_Privateer

Post by Banished_Privateer » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:24 pm

Change payout times and other website/page times to local times of each user. For non-American customers this gets really confusing and I feel like its best for everyone if you inform them about time details within their time zones for much better reference and understanding without confusion or unnecessary calculations.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:12 am

Banished_Privateer wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:24 pm Change payout times and other website/page times to local times of each user. For non-American customers this gets really confusing and I feel like its best for everyone if you inform them about time details within their time zones for much better reference and understanding without confusion or unnecessary calculations.
The problem with this situation is that the time a payout is expected is always going to be between midnight and midnight Eastern time, so with the current site it's easy to simply state that a payout will be issued on a specific date.

If we convert payouts to local time zones, I think it has the potential to become more confusing, don't you? Someone who lives in Sydney would need to have almost every date dealing with payouts listed something like "April 3 2pm - April 4 2pm." We can't skip the times, because if we did, then it's possible that changes in the behavior of exchange withdrawals could cause a payout to be issued twice in the same local timezone, and the tables on the site need unique keys.

If you have a suggestion to resolve that issue, we welcome it.