Website Wishlist

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Banished_Privateer

Re: Website Wishlist

Post by Banished_Privateer » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:43 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:12 am
Banished_Privateer wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:24 pm Change payout times and other website/page times to local times of each user. For non-American customers this gets really confusing and I feel like its best for everyone if you inform them about time details within their time zones for much better reference and understanding without confusion or unnecessary calculations.
The problem with this situation is that the time a payout is expected is always going to be between midnight and midnight Eastern time, so with the current site it's easy to simply state that a payout will be issued on a specific date.

If we convert payouts to local time zones, I think it has the potential to become more confusing, don't you? Someone who lives in Sydney would need to have almost every date dealing with payouts listed something like "April 3 2pm - April 4 2pm." We can't skip the times, because if we did, then it's possible that changes in the behavior of exchange withdrawals could cause a payout to be issued twice in the same local timezone, and the tables on the site need unique keys.

If you have a suggestion to resolve that issue, we welcome it.
Expected is absolutely ok. What I meant is not changing the times of when you issue payouts etc. but just the information displayed, like here:
* Today indicates the 24-hour period starting at 12:00am Eastern Time
For example information displayed as here gives me clear idea about time (from transaction details page):
Last Block Time: Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 4:29:57 PM GMT+02:00
Although GMT is not really a time zone per se, I can easily understand and read GMT & UTC formats and it's displayed in my local time too.

Nonetheless, below that information I can see this (about transaction time):
Time: Thursday, March 25, 2021 7:33:41 AM
and here I am really not sure what time zone it was, since it does not specify anything besides date and clock time somewhere on the Earth (perhaps CEST).

I would be pleased to see somewhat unified or standardized time formats all across the board. Many pages/forums/games automatically set them to the local time of each user. Another solution could be to use GMT or UTC formats but I know for the fact that these can be troublesome for Americans or people not familiar with them. Perhaps add option to change that in the settings, kind of old-school way to go about it.

Last request to follow up would be adding 24h format in the options/settings, but that's just to zip up all the topics surrounding time formats, even though I have no issues reading 12h formats.
Banished_Privateer

Post by Banished_Privateer » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

I feel like these avatar settings are very strict for the 2021 standards:
Maximum dimensions; width: 90 pixels, height: 90 pixels, file size: 12.00 KiB.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:36 am

Banished_Privateer wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am I feel like these avatar settings are very strict for the 2021 standards:
Maximum dimensions; width: 90 pixels, height: 90 pixels, file size: 12.00 KiB.
We need to upgrade phpBB to the latest version, as the current version is out of date. I plan to do that later this week. Thanks for pointing this issue out!
VigilanteSystems

Post by VigilanteSystems » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:47 am

It would be nice to have the miner name along with its earnings and blocks in all lists..

i have some minor miner ( :D ) errors but i had to unplug each one and replug to find the one throwing errors and fixing it ..
would have been nice to see next or on-click of that error warning the associated miner responsible for it ..

also, to see which of the miners settings work best towards me goals it would be nice to see the miner that found the block or submitted the share, thus i could tune my rigs even more ..

thanks, very well done so far, website is better then ever.. thanks
Banished_Privateer

Post by Banished_Privateer » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:41 pm

Could you please add in "Payout Activity" or any other payout sections the "average cost" per token? It would greatly help tracking the profits and statistics on spreadsheets as prices change daily. Example:

26.04 - 15 doge mined - 50 cents
27.04 - 10 doge mined - 50 cents
28.04 - 5 doge mined - 50 cents
Payout Summary: 30 doge paid, avg cost per 1 doge: 5 cents
Banished_Privateer

Post by Banished_Privateer » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:56 am

Another one to add, I would love to add more options for 2-step-authentication. I would be glad to see different options like email login authentication or even SMS code. I do not like to rely on phones when it comes to extra securities but even when it's necessity, I prefer not to download extra applications for that sole purpose. With every shop or grocery or other places of common use requesting us to download their applications, we end up with dozens of unwanted and taking space bloatware (bundled programs).
BMChris

Post by BMChris » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:23 pm

Small thing - would it be possible to put the day's earnings so far in the page title of the dashboard, so it appears in the tab text?

I'll often have the upstairs PC mining while I'm working on my laptop, with the dashboard open in a tab. It would be nice to be able to glance at the earnings counting up throughout the day without me needing to go to the tab itself. Should be a 15 minute Javascript job to update it once a minute or whatever, as the earnings value is already displayed on that page.

Something like this:

Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:06 am

BMChris wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:23 pm Small thing - would it be possible to put the day's earnings so far in the page title of the dashboard, so it appears in the tab text?

I'll often have the upstairs PC mining while I'm working on my laptop, with the dashboard open in a tab. It would be nice to be able to glance at the earnings counting up throughout the day without me needing to go to the tab itself. Should be a 15 minute Javascript job to update it once a minute or whatever, as the earnings value is already displayed on that page.

Something like this:

I like this idea a lot.

Could you submit a ticket about this? I will assign the ticket to Vance, and he can work on this sometime in late June or early July.
BMChris

Post by BMChris » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:07 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:06 am Could you submit a ticket about this? I will assign the ticket to Vance, and he can work on this sometime in late June or early July.
Done :)
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:59 pm

BMChris wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:07 am
Steve Sokolowski wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:06 am Could you submit a ticket about this? I will assign the ticket to Vance, and he can work on this sometime in late June or early July.
Done :)
Thanks - I assigned this ticket to Vance.