Status as of Monday, December 11, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
AppleMiner

Re: Status as of Monday, December 11, 2017

Post by AppleMiner » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:44 pm

On the subject of stockpiling for a sha-256 reserve after what we witnessed with nicehash, three words: Multiple Cold Wallets.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:43 pm

AppleMiner wrote:
centar wrote:Why don't you just offer BCash mining? Need a lot less reserves and you don't have to worry about those pesky fees you hate so much. Seems to align more with your personal beliefs anyway.
You mean mine the SHA-256 algo they don't currently offer to mine on this pool?
Check back closer to the summer and see if SHA-256 has been included then.
It doesn't make sense to only mine Bitcoin Cash, just as it doesn't make sense to only mine WildBeastBitcoin. We need to be able to mine multiple coins and switch between them. However, mathematically, the number of other coins we switch in is not relevant to the reserve needed to mine bitcoins.
centar

Post by centar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:24 pm

AppleMiner wrote:
centar wrote:Why don't you just offer BCash mining? Need a lot less reserves and you don't have to worry about those pesky fees you hate so much. Seems to align more with your personal beliefs anyway.

Yeah, I was referring to his earlier post where he mentioned bitcoin's fees and current price as a reason why they couldn't implement SHA-256 easily.
centar

Post by centar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:28 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
AppleMiner wrote:
It doesn't make sense to only mine Bitcoin Cash, just as it doesn't make sense to only mine WildBeastBitcoin. We need to be able to mine multiple coins and switch between them. However, mathematically, the number of other coins we switch in is not relevant to the reserve needed to mine bitcoins.
Ok, I didn't realize you were trying to get a SHA256 multi-pool running, I was under the impression you were going to offer Bitcoin only mining.