Status as of Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:34 am

Here's a few brief comments.
  • There are a few reports of connection difficulties with the new release. I'm trying to troubleshoot, but the miners I'm using to test appear to have failed suddenly, as of this morning. This will again likely cause a delay if we have to order new miners. I'm going to try to use GPUs in the meantime to test.
  • The ticket count in the old system is down to 64, and there are only 5 tickets in the new system that aren't in "waiting for customer" mode. This is down from 222 on Friday. Once we can close all the tickets in the old system, then we should be able to reply to tickets within a day or two.
  • We spent about 10 hours yesterday trying to set up a development environment for Constance, and need to continue today. One of the challenges in today's software development that I think is going to become a major issue is that it is far more difficult to configure software than it actually is to write it. There is a huge amount of effort in the world being put into making development more efficient, but when it comes to setting up a new computer, or starting a project in a new language, it takes days or weeks before a single line of code is written. We hope to get through this setup soon so that we can start fixing website issues.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Status as of Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:44 am

We just figured out the problem with Grails.

It turns out that their developers never tested running a Grails project when Grails has spaces in the file path. The path "c:\users\constance hilliard\documents\...." fails, but "c:\grails-2.5.3" works.

This cost 10 hours of research.
centar

Re: Status as of Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Post by centar » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:43 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:We just figured out the problem with Grails.

It turns out that their developers never tested running a Grails project when Grails has spaces in the file path. The path "c:\users\constance hilliard\documents\...." fails, but "c:\grails-2.5.3" works.

This cost 10 hours of research.
Those sons of bitches....