Status as of Friday, December 1, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Friday, December 1, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:52 am

A few comments for today:
  • Constance will be switching over to the new support system today and will be posting more about it shortly. We will be removing the E-Mail address from the contact page and forcing users to submit tickets in the system directly. That will resolve the Microsoft E-Mail problems, and will force customers to fill required fields like "prohashing username" that generate a lot of unnecessary replies asking for more information.
  • Once the new support system is active, I'll be working to answer all the tickets in the old system for the entire day today.
  • We have certified the parallel mining server for release tomorrow. It is possible that we may not need any downtime at all. Instead, we will set up a second server and invite a limited number of miners to connect to it while monitoring the situation for bugs and issues.
  • Chris made a breakthrough on our E-Mail troubles. It turns out that our SMTP server was using a bad certificate that had shipped by default with postfix, and I didn't know to change it when I set up postfix in 2006. Chris created a valid certificate. Since Microsoft phones never worked with POP3 on this server, I wonder if Microsoft's blocking of SMTP was due to the same code on their Exchange server. I'm going to send some test messages to Microsoft services today to see what happens.
  • Finally, we again apologize for the slow responses to support tickets and the downtime recently. Our effort is 100% focused on training Constance and on getting up the new support system, a new bug tracking system, a wiki, and switching from Subversion to git. Getting these tools online is necessary to greatly improve productivity in the coming weeks.