Status as of Sunday, November 26, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Sunday, November 26, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:49 am

Good morning!
  • Having finished our work on the hardware at the datacenter and also having visited family, we're returning to State College today. Once we arrive, Chris's task during the next three days will be support tickets. The number of open tickets is down to 140 now, so we're making progress. I'll be finishing up my current commitments until the project expands on Wednesday.
  • As the day goes on, please offer your thoughts on whether there were any issues introduced by yesterday's major software upgrade.
Basara

Re: Status as of Sunday, November 26, 2017

Post by Basara » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:24 am

No problems here and would like to say my rejected rate has been cut in half with the recent overhaul you guys just completed. Keep up the good work!
mickeekung

Post by mickeekung » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:29 am

Basara wrote:No problems here and would like to say my rejected rate has been cut in half with the recent overhaul you guys just completed. Keep up the good work!
I agree with Basara that reject hashrate and share stale is lower than previous but it would be more grateful if 2 of them is nearly zero. In my opinion, the best way to make Prohashing to be the great pool is to down share stale and reject hashrate to zero rather than down the open ticket to zero. :D :) ;)
Wanna see some exciting and interesting cloud mining contract which is different to Hashflare or Genesis Mining? Here is the site I trust.

https://www.eobot.com/new.aspx?referid=8945

https://www.cryptomining.farm/signup/?referrer=59E0E92B882D
Reelmo

Post by Reelmo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:47 am

I switched off to alleviate some pressure during the upgrades. Will switch back now and see how things go. Definitely my favorite pool when things are running smoothly. Keep up the good work, guys.
Basara

Post by Basara » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:59 am

Fair amount of the tickets I'd speculate with high confidence are system stability issues that cascaded into other aspects of the Prohashing network. If your water heater in your attic is leaking do you focus on the water reaching the basement or go up in the attic to troubleshoot the issue? Even if they zero'd the open tickets prior to system overhaul the tickets would stack up in relatively same fashion. Considering all that what is the most logical approach?

If there were 200 open tickets prior to overhaul and hypothetically took 10 minutes resolve each one it would equal 2,000 minutes / 60 mins per hour = 33.2 hours / 2 people = 16.6 hours between the brothers. On top of having to resolve stability issues and revenue loss as the pool isn't operating at full potential with relatively fixed operating costs which we can all speculate the brothers hardly get much sleep. I'd be surprised if they sleep 4 hours a day. You guys need to relax and contemplate being in their shoes.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 pm

With the addition of more hands to help out, The ticket system should get back under control in short order.
And with fixs and patches going in to take care of some issues, less tickets for those issues will come in.

Hopefully the tickets get all caught up here shortly and there isnt any new influxes until the registrations open back up with new users and new user questions.